God is subtle, but he is not malicious. -- Albert Einstein

computers / comp.theory / Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]

Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]

<eSF4K.563100$LN2.28497@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=29871&group=comp.theory#29871

Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [
key missing piece in dialogue ][ back door ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<87czhtg4z7.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <jfmdnYpE_-Sou9P_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87pmltenpd.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <cfudncxuyvpiqtP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<877d81ek89.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <0rydndjRmYSt2NP_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<87pmltcg7x.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <FOidnTmeDpgxa9P_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<87fsmodh7w.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <OrOdnfRPxcJak9L_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<87zgkwbh3m.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <osadnV2OUrMF6tL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87tub4bckx.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <GfWdneVhSvpN183_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87bkxb9tc9.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <h4ydnXCGgtZONs3_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87ee268n4f.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <8qOdna7OrqepBsz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87ilrh7tr3.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <74KdnQt1sMVb3M__nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<XCr4K.349136$Gojc.190723@fx99.iad>
<eK-dnQkjOJlG0c__nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<JPy4K.359689$f2a5.315979@fx48.iad>
<Je6dncC-pvRBb8__nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:03:41 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 19:03 UTC

On 4/10/22 11:08 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/10/2022 6:03 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> The simulation of the input will halt because it correctly detects
>>> that its simulated input would never halt.
>>>

>> I.E. you admit you don't know how logic works.
>>
>> Basic rule of Knowledge, you can't actually "know" something that
>> isn't true, that is false knowledge.
>
> I have a whole operating system that conclusively proves every detail of
> what I have said. That you simply disbelieve verified facts seems quite
> dishonest.

Nope, you don't, because that OS actually produce the output that proves
the opposite.

You don't seem to know enough to know you are wrong.

It seems to be the classic Garbage In, Garbage Out.

FAIL.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [ key

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Apr 2022

978olcott