Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX. -- Stephan Zielinski

computers / comp.theory / Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ self-evident truth ]

Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [ self-evident truth ]

<WP35K.508442$Rza5.83875@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=30069&group=comp.theory#30069

Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(11) [
self-evident truth ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<maednRn7IZ4_Cc7_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <t305f9$odp$1@dont-email.me>
<KcqdnXkO6ddoBM7_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <t309pq$enf$1@dont-email.me>
<4b6dnW0wp5riNs7_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <t30al9$l36$1@dont-email.me>
<a92dnbkTF6PmMs7_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<yUT4K.247157$H_t7.149997@fx40.iad>
<9872ba45-a089-4656-8556-61628ef29d37n@googlegroups.com>
<KKU4K.66097$Kdf.33908@fx96.iad>
<b92d9636-7d21-48e4-8c43-4b56113716ben@googlegroups.com>
<8JSdnbIbCIFDqsn_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<FD25K.418246$iK66.247352@fx46.iad>
<_Z6dnfgoU6OyKsn_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<tv35K.70656$e%.64532@fx36.iad>
<mYmdnaA9c4G3WMn_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 20:36:11 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 00:36 UTC

On 4/11/22 8:17 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/11/2022 7:14 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Yes and it is the same situation when we formalize natural language
>>> semantics.
>>>

>> And thus your 'from the meaning of the words' are not true, as the
>> MEANING of the words 'halting' are ONLY based on the behavior of the
>> machine the input represents,
>
> In this you are flatly incorrect.
>
> It is self-evident that the actual behavior of the actual simulated
> input is the ULTIMATE MEASURE of the correctness of any halt decider.

Right, and the ACTUAL BEHAVIOR of the ACTUAL SIMULATED INPUT is BY
DEFINITON the results of applying an ACTUAL UTM to that input which
matches the behavior of the machine it represents.

DEFINITION.

If you mean ANYTHING ELSE, you are just a LIAR, as that is the DEFINED
meaning of the words.

From this if H rejects <H^> <H^> we have shown that H^ applied to <H^>
will halt, and thus UTM <H^> <H^> will halt and thus by the proper
definiton, the behavior of the actual simulated input is to Halt.

You have confused ACTUAL CORRECT SIMULATION with the junk that H does.

FAIL.

Have fun playing with this for your stay in eternal torent trying to
figure out haw it can actually work.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof --- Version(10) [ key

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Apr 2022

978olcott