I'll say it again for the logic impaired. -- Larry Wall

computers / comp.theory / Re: H(P,P) == false is correct [ verified facts ]

Re: H(P,P) == false is correct [ verified facts ]

<dWOcK.2076$lWNd.389@fx99.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31631&group=comp.theory#31631

Subject: Re: H(P,P) == false is correct [ verified facts ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<t4p08u$5ar$1@dont-email.me> <87wnf3ga8h.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<t4pesp$d9n$1@dont-email.me> <87fslrfs3t.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<t4sn5q$9nr$1@dont-email.me> <874k25qt5y.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<t4uk3c$knu$1@dont-email.me> <87v8ukpzfi.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<t4v8n3$5s1$1@dont-email.me> <87h764pvb7.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<t4vea8$u19$1@dont-email.me>
<a588de5e-d0ee-4f93-939c-f73931e840ecn@googlegroups.com>
<t4vf5c$5ts$1@dont-email.me>
<1c6a8dce-f763-458e-98d6-295e38121221n@googlegroups.com>
<t4vgsc$jkr$1@dont-email.me>
<2577a7ba-aff1-4d04-85a6-0d269d81fe93n@googlegroups.com>
<t4vhp3$p9v$1@dont-email.me>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 07:54:54 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Thu, 5 May 2022 11:54 UTC

On 5/4/22 11:54 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/4/2022 10:43 PM, Dennis Bush wrote:

>>> The above paragraph means that it makes no mistakes in computing the
>>> halting function. This is a verifiable fact, not any mere opinion. The
>>> reason that I did the HP in C/x86 was so that every detail can be shown
>>> thus gaps in reasoning revealed.
>>
>> Any decider that maps the halting function performs the *same* mapping
>> of inputs to outputs.
>
> That is now proven to be factually incorrect.
>
> If the above paragraph is proven to be a fact then this proves that both
> H and H1 compute the halting function correctly. The above paragraph can
> be proven to be a fact.

Yes, IF you can prove that cats are dogs, you can prove that H is
correctly computing the Halting Function.

Since you can't, you can't.

In fact, you have just proven that you don't know what you are talking
about, since you just asserted a LIE.

Two machines claiming to compute the same function must generate the
same answer from the same input or one of them is incorrect.

BASIC FACT.

>>  Since H and H1 perform different mappings they can't possibly both
>> map the halting function.
>>
>> So which one doesn't?

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o On recursion and infinite recursion (reprise)

By: Mr Flibble on Mon, 2 May 2022

214Mr Flibble