Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 15:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
<87wnf3ga8h.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <t4pesp$d9n$1@dont-email.me> <87fslrfs3t.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<t4sn5q$9nr$1@dont-email.me> <874k25qt5y.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <t4uk3c$knu$1@dont-email.me>
<87v8ukpzfi.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <t4v8n3$5s1$1@dont-email.me> <87h764pvb7.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<t4vea8$u19$1@dont-email.me> <a588de5e-d0ee-4f93-939c-f73931e840ecn@googlegroups.com>
<t4vf5c$5ts$1@dont-email.me> <1c6a8dce-f763-458e-98d6-295e38121221n@googlegroups.com>
<t4vgsc$jkr$1@dont-email.me> <2577a7ba-aff1-4d04-85a6-0d269d81fe93n@googlegroups.com>
<t4vhp3$p9v$1@dont-email.me> <dWOcK.2076$lWNd.389@fx99.iad>
<0e79a2be-8735-4cfe-8ba3-7b3c5cc7e196n@googlegroups.com> <t510rf$gsi$1@dont-email.me>
<37b535a3-a5f2-4c57-b235-abbaadbe722fn@googlegroups.com> <t515kh$otd$1@dont-email.me>
<976b93ad-ba03-4941-b95b-125d6275c541n@googlegroups.com> <t51gko$fjt$1@dont-email.me>
Subject: Re: H(P,P) == false is correct [ verified facts ]
From: dbush.mo...@gmail.com (Dennis Bush)
 by: Dennis Bush - Thu, 5 May 2022 22:06 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 5:47:07 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:
> On 5/5/2022 1:52 PM, Dennis Bush wrote:

> >> Yes this is an easily verified fact on the basis of the execution trace
> >> derived from the correct simulation of its input parameters.
> >>>
> >> H2(Ha3,N,5) would get the correct halt status for Ha3.
> >>
> >> From what I recall Ha3(N,5) is merely a computation that was defined to
> >> make sure it gets the wrong answer. If you disagree then remind me again
> >> what it means.
> >
> > Ha3 uses as its abort criteria any computation that proceeds for more that 3 steps.
> WHAT ARE YOU NUTS ???
>
> Trying to push total bullshit likes this proves that you are only a
> troll playing head games and an honest dialogue is the last thing on
> your mind.

Not at all, I'm just illustrating the flaws in your logic, as you can't show that Ha3 is wrong without also showing that H is also wrong....

> A halt decider must simulate its input until it can prove that the
> simulation would never end.

.... just like this.

What you states above is sufficient to show that Ha3(N,5) is not correct to abort, and Ha7(N,5) simulating to a final state and reporting halting proves that Ha3 didn't simulate for long enough.

Now let's apply that to H(P,P).

H(P,P) is not correct to abort, and H1(P,P) simulating to a final state and reporting halting proves that H didn't simulate for long enough.

Therefore H(P,P) == false is provable INCORRECT.

> > The input Ha3(N,5) satisfies this abort criteria therefore Ha3 is correct to reject it.

> > So what criteria can you give that shows that that Ha3(N,5) == false is not correct but H(P,P) == false is correct?

> >> --
> >> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> >> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
>

> --
> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o On recursion and infinite recursion (reprise)

By: Mr Flibble on Mon, 2 May 2022

214Mr Flibble