Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 18:59:01 -0700 (PDT)
<t4uk3c$knu$1@dont-email.me> <87v8ukpzfi.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <t4v8n3$5s1$1@dont-email.me>
<87h764pvb7.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <t4vea8$u19$1@dont-email.me> <a588de5e-d0ee-4f93-939c-f73931e840ecn@googlegroups.com>
<t4vf5c$5ts$1@dont-email.me> <1c6a8dce-f763-458e-98d6-295e38121221n@googlegroups.com>
<t4vgsc$jkr$1@dont-email.me> <2577a7ba-aff1-4d04-85a6-0d269d81fe93n@googlegroups.com>
<t4vhp3$p9v$1@dont-email.me> <dWOcK.2076$lWNd.389@fx99.iad>
<0e79a2be-8735-4cfe-8ba3-7b3c5cc7e196n@googlegroups.com> <t510rf$gsi$1@dont-email.me>
<37b535a3-a5f2-4c57-b235-abbaadbe722fn@googlegroups.com> <t515kh$otd$1@dont-email.me>
<976b93ad-ba03-4941-b95b-125d6275c541n@googlegroups.com> <t51gko$fjt$1@dont-email.me>
<a6690259-1f73-4095-afd9-b44a65c55f3en@googlegroups.com> <t51j1n$39k$1@dont-email.me>
<db8dab24-5e75-4ba5-8ad9-4d39e0a6d21fn@googlegroups.com> <t51sa1$rlu$1@dont-email.me>
<a8bc6f85-63c5-4b48-994d-114f6eff7726n@googlegroups.com> <t51u36$9co$1@dont-email.me>
Subject: Re: H(P,P) == false is correct [ verified facts ]
From: dbush.mo...@gmail.com (Dennis Bush)
 by: Dennis Bush - Fri, 6 May 2022 01:59 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 9:36:41 PM UTC-4, olcott wrote:
> On 5/5/2022 8:17 PM, Dennis Bush wrote:

> >> Both H(P,P) and H1(P,P) correctly compute the mapping from their input
> >> parameters to the halt status specified by these inputs.
> >
> > FALSE. Remember, you said:
> >
> > A halt decider must simulate its input until it can prove that the simulation would never end.
> >
> > Proving that the simulation would never end means that NO simulator can simulate that input to a final state.
> You continue to believe that your imagination overrules verified facts:
>
> That the correct simulation of the input to H(P,P) provably would never
> end conclusively proves that H(P,P)==false is correct.

It is a verified fact that H(P,P) does NOT perform a correct simulation of its input. A correct simulation of the input to H(P,P) is performed by H1(P,P) which does end. The simulation of (P,P) performed by H1 conclusively proves that the simulation of the same input by H is not accurate.

I stated on numerous occasions why H(P,P) == false is wrong, and your only response is to assert it is correct without proof. If you can't state clearly exactly why H(P,P) == false is correct then all you're doing is making empty assertions which can be dismissed.

So explain exactly why H(P,P) == false is correct. Failure to do so will be taken as an implicit admission that you are wrong.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o On recursion and infinite recursion (reprise)

By: Mr Flibble on Mon, 2 May 2022

214Mr Flibble