Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 08:25:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: H(P,P)==false is proven to be correct
From: wynii...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Tue, 10 May 2022 15:25 UTC

On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 07:00:22 UTC+8, olcott wrote:
> On 5/9/2022 5:49 PM, Dennis Bush wrote:

> >> Now we are getting into nuances of meaning that are not commonly known.
> >>
> >> It must do so in the basis of a property specified by its input finite
> >> string.
> >
> > And for a halt decider H(P,P), the specified property *by definition* is the behavior of P(P)
> >

> >> For example a decider that decides whether or not its input has a string
> >> length > 20 will simply base its decision on the actual length of the
> >> actual input string.
> >>
> >> Another decider may determine if the string contains: "the". Deciders
> >> always decide on the basis of what the finite string actually specifies,
> >> not what someone imagines that these strings "should" specify.
> >>
> >> For the halt deciders this property is the actual behavior actually
> >> specified by these finite strings.
> >
> > Which by *the definition of the problem*, for a halt decider H(P,P), that property is the behavior of P(P)
> >
> >> We already know that the correct
> >> simulation of an input is the ultimate measure of the behavior of this
> >> input.
> >
> > And the correct simulation of the input to H(P,P) is by definition UTM(P,P) because it is equivalent to the behavior of the direct execution of P(P)
> void P(u32 x)
> {
> if (x86_emulate(x, x))
> HERE: goto HERE;
> return;
> }
>
> int main()
> {
> Output("Input_Halts = ", H((u32)P, (u32)P));
> }
>
> Yet the UTM must be embedded at the same place where H would be
> embedded. The above P would never stop running.
> --
> Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott
>
> "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see."
> Arthur Schopenhauer

I have replied with the major problem of your rebuttal in another post:
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.theory/c/GajNoV6CAz4
I.e. no H, no rebuttal. All in your paper has no effect to the HP proof.

The second one:
The real P is a test program. P cannot exist before the existence of H and
the 'H' inside P is a functional equivalent thing (it may be in Lisp, C,TM,x86,...
even nothing apparent to do H), CPU sees only machine codes (or TM, symbols),
and all machine codes (byte string) are valid to the CPU (no such issues like loop,
recursive,...). This replies your 'recursive' or 'pathological' myth.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o On the halting problem (final)

By: Mr Flibble on Sun, 8 May 2022

21Mr Flibble