Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 12:37:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Category error [ HEAD GAMES ] (smart honest people would agree)[
Dennis has ADD ? ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<oLednYpFCuBTxRX_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<3244af54-a6ea-4310-b166-16d7887faa0cn@googlegroups.com>
<Ws2dnYtFk9AlwhX_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<78a05997-d753-41c6-918b-820cd0d50b0fn@googlegroups.com>
<D_GdnUyF1ZnP-RX_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<d08281ec-e682-4e4d-aac1-831fc270f6d4n@googlegroups.com>
<a4Kdndy0q_zG-hX_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t83iK.2585$vAW9.2416@fx10.iad>
<fc2034d8-96e7-4914-bc46-f5ffabc51ab8n@googlegroups.com>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sat, 21 May 2022 17:37 UTC

On 5/21/2022 12:24 PM, Malcolm McLean wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 May 2022 at 11:27:41 UTC+1, richar...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> No we won't.
>>> With your ADD we have to stay sharply focused on a single point.
>>>
>>> We are ONLY evaluating whether or not the simulation of the input to
>>> H(P,P) is correct. I have been telling you this for many messages now
>>> and you keep drifting off topic.
>>>

>> And given what you have defined P to be, it can't be, because the P you
>> have entered isn't actually a computation, since it isn't a complete
>> algorithm.
>>
>> There is NOTHING in your P that defines what happens after the call "H"
>> instruction.
>>
>> Thus, your trace can not be correct.
>>
>> As I have said before, if H wants to eliminate from the trace the
>> showing of what H itself does, the the trace would resume after the call
>> to H with the answer that this H returned to P, not a listing of a call
>> to P again, which doesn't actually happen (not if H is able to abort its
>> "simulation")
>>
>> Of course, as has been shown, if H does try that, it gets ITSELF stuck
>> in an infinte recursion loop and fails to answer and thus fails to be a
>> decider.
>>
>> The transform from a trace of the simumlator to the trace of the code
>> that simulator is simulating is NOT a valid transform in this case. If
>> you have a proof otherwise, show it. (Or you are just admitting to being
>> a Lying Hypocrite since your goal is to show that all true statements
>> are provable).
>>
> This is the crucial remaining question, assuming that everything else is set
> up as claimed.
> The first seven instructions of the trace are the trace created by the emulator.
> It then stops tracing when the code it is emulating calls H.

This is false. The emulator always outputs the complete execution trace
of all user code and does not trace nay operating system code. Also the
emulator does not create any instructions it merely outputs the
execution trace of the x86 code that it is emulating.

> However that
> call is itself an emulator. The second seven instructions of the trace are
> created by the emulated emulator.

Not created.

> But how does the emulator know that it is emulating an instruction trace,
> and that it needs to append this output to pass to its infinite cycle detection
> logic?

This is a dodge of the actual challenge.
The actual challenge is to provide the execution trace of the input to
H(P,P) for one x86 emulation and one nested x86 emulation. Any other
details are distractions away from the point. People here are barely
able to keep track of a single point at a time.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor