We'll pivot at warp 2 and bring all tubes to bear, Mr. Sulu!

computers / comp.theory / Re: Category error [ HEAD GAMES ] (smart honest people would agree)[ Dennis has ADD ? ]

Re: Category error [ HEAD GAMES ] (smart honest people would agree)[ Dennis has ADD ? ]

<hIaiK.50$CBlb.26@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32812&group=comp.theory#32812

Subject: Re: Category error [ HEAD GAMES ] (smart honest people would agree)[
Dennis has ADD ? ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<3244af54-a6ea-4310-b166-16d7887faa0cn@googlegroups.com>
<Ws2dnYtFk9AlwhX_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<78a05997-d753-41c6-918b-820cd0d50b0fn@googlegroups.com>
<D_GdnUyF1ZnP-RX_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<d08281ec-e682-4e4d-aac1-831fc270f6d4n@googlegroups.com>
<a4Kdndy0q_zG-hX_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t83iK.2585$vAW9.2416@fx10.iad>
<fc2034d8-96e7-4914-bc46-f5ffabc51ab8n@googlegroups.com>
<msednaIIYIv2vhT_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 15:03:41 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 21 May 2022 19:03 UTC

On 5/21/22 1:37 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/21/2022 12:24 PM, Malcolm McLean wrote:

>>> And given what you have defined P to be, it can't be, because the P you
>>> have entered isn't actually a computation, since it isn't a complete
>>> algorithm.
>>>
>>> There is NOTHING in your P that defines what happens after the call "H"
>>> instruction.
>>>
>>> Thus, your trace can not be correct.
>>>
>>> As I have said before, if H wants to eliminate from the trace the
>>> showing of what H itself does, the the trace would resume after the call
>>> to H with the answer that this H returned to P, not a listing of a call
>>> to P again, which doesn't actually happen (not if H is able to abort its
>>> "simulation")
>>>
>>> Of course, as has been shown, if H does try that, it gets ITSELF stuck
>>> in an infinte recursion loop and fails to answer and thus fails to be a
>>> decider.
>>>
>>> The transform from a trace of the simumlator to the trace of the code
>>> that simulator is simulating is NOT a valid transform in this case. If
>>> you have a proof otherwise, show it. (Or you are just admitting to being
>>> a Lying Hypocrite since your goal is to show that all true statements
>>> are provable).
>>>
>> This is the crucial remaining question, assuming that everything else
>> is set
>> up as claimed.
>> The first seven instructions of the trace are the trace created by the
>> emulator.
>> It then stops tracing when the code it is emulating calls H.
>

> This is false. The emulator always outputs the complete execution trace
> of all user code and does not trace nay operating system code. Also the
> emulator does not create any instructions it merely outputs the
> execution trace of the x86 code that it is emulating.
>
>> However that
>> call is itself an emulator. The second seven instructions of the trace
>> are
>> created by the emulated emulator.
>>

> Not created.

So, you admit the system doesn't acctually exist?

>> But how does the emulator know that it is emulating an instruction trace,
>> and that it needs to append this output to pass to its infinite cycle
>> detection
>> logic?
>>

> This is a dodge of the actual challenge.
> The actual challenge is to provide the execution trace of the input to
> H(P,P) for one x86 emulation and one nested x86 emulation. Any other
> details are distractions away from the point. People here are barely
> able to keep track of a single point at a time.

Which is like asking for a square circle. It is a conflict of
definitions, if what I describe is not what you mean (and you mean what
you provide).

You trace is just a LIE, because it omits important data, and makes up
other data.

>> There are possible answers. But without this information, it's very
>> difficult
>> to know how to interpret the results.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Category error