computers / comp.theory / Re: Category error [ HEAD GAMES ] (smart honest people would agree)[ Will Peter stop lying? ]

Re: Category error [ HEAD GAMES ] (smart honest people would agree)[ Will Peter stop lying? ]

<BqtiK.4006$45E8.3623@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=32878&group=comp.theory#32878

Subject: Re: Category error [ HEAD GAMES ] (smart honest people would agree)[
Will Peter stop lying? ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<Q5WdnfJskMwcJRr_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <878rqw41bo.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<YuSdnW-aUL3WXxr_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <87wneg2m2h.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<jPednedJMZKJWhr_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com> <87o7zr3od4.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<SfWdnTcajIIjkxX_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <87bkvr3kqn.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<vNmdncQOi5o3ohT_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<r%fiK.28447$J0r9.3351@fx11.iad>
<I6idnSDl8NcUDRT_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <s5hiK.45$cq8.28@fx03.iad>
<NtGdndBRE5xLAhT_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<MlhiK.9438$kaDc.6185@fx46.iad>
<h6OdnUIaNIYVORT_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<K4iiK.20028$zgr9.11815@fx13.iad>
<RrSdna_nM600MhT_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<HtiiK.3779$45E8.1989@fx47.iad>
<RtudndMn4p2gKBT_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<DEiiK.9440$kaDc.4559@fx46.iad>
<xoKdnSPcs6RjXhT_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<xOoiK.1639$gjlb.707@fx44.iad>
<5oKdnSRTHInY0hf_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 12:21:53 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sun, 22 May 2022 16:21 UTC

On 5/22/22 10:57 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/22/2022 6:06 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> There is a valid trace of every line of code that is emulated.
>>> Operating system code has its trace tuned off. This only leaves the
>>> user code such as P() and main(). Then we see the 14 lines execution
>>> trace of the two level simulation of the input to H(P,P)
>>
>> No, because the second level emulation is NOT emulated by the top
>> level emulator, its emulator is.
>>
>> Unless you are lying about what H does, you are just lying that the
>> second level code is emulated by the same emulation process that the
>> first is. (That may well be true, but it means you logic is still
>> built on a lie).
>>

> If you are too stupid to understand that H(P,P) derives the same
> execution trace of its input every time it is called you are far too
> stupid to evaluate my work.

Ok, then why does the H(P,P) that P calls get stuck in an infinite
recursion wneh the top level doesn't?

Or is it that it doesn't, but H looks at the trace wrong and THINK that
it will, so it aborts it?

Note also, the question isn't does the copy of H called by P see the
same execution trace as the copy of H making the decision, but why does
the copy making the decision see the trace generated by the copy it is
simulating instead of seeing it simulating that simulator.

The ONLY answer is you are LYING about what H does. My guess is that H
isn't actually an independent computation but all the copies interact
and H is actually incapable is actually simulating a copy of itself.

This means that it is NOT the computation equivalent of an actual Turing
Machine.

One hint about this is that the input isn't in a distinct
"address space" from the code of H. (which actually introduces a
recursion that isn't in the original problem, which is part of your
problem).

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Category error

By: Mr Flibble on Sat, 14 May 2022