Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 06:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: B.H.'s data compression challenge
From: wynii...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:44 UTC

On Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 00:34:27 UTC+8, B.H. wrote:
> On Friday, June 24, 2022 at 12:09:53 PM UTC-4, B.H. wrote:

> > > OK, here is the answer to your challenge. I warn you: Never demand cutting-edge math help from a human trafficking victim or convicted criminal seeking release, even with consent. Guilt or innocence is the standard for securing release, from prison only (since human trafficking is just a crime), not achievement; I submit this merely to bolster my case since I am nowhere near being able to be properly helped by any "justice" system.
> > >
> > > Here is the updated solution:
> > >
> > > - Assume that this test for finding a j-digit base-10 prime number works: http://www.sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~yarmish/finding%20large%20primes%208..5x11.pdf
> > > - We are given a very large number (that represents a file), m, to compress. Consider a number larger than 10^((1000)^10), for example.
> > > - We seek a nearby power of a prime power (r^w=q)^k, in the sense that m - q^k is small. (The prime is r, and q = r^w.)
> > > - Let b be the number of bits needed to express m.
> > > - Use a calculator program to compute an approximation, a = 2^(b/9) .
> > > - Round the value of a down to the nearest integer.
> > > - Let d be the number of base-10 digits in a.
> > > - Using the process linked to above, find the smallest-sized (storage-size-wise) prime number r and integer pair w such that r^w = q has (d-1) base-10 digits.
> > > - Find the largest value k such that q^k is the largest possible integer such that this integer is less than m.
> > > - Compute v = m - z * q^k, where z is selected to be the largest possible integer that that yields non-negative v, such that z < q .
> > > - Record the values of the following 3-tuple: (r, w, k)
> > > - Note that v < z * q^k , and thus it is much smaller than m.
> > > - Now, repeat this process on both v and z, and concatenate the ordered 3-tuple from previous repetitions (perhaps written as a tree structure in prefix notation using base-4), that repetition, and all successive repetitions to form a string, S, until m is "very small."
> > > - When you are done, write down the overall string, S, followed by the #-separated number 1 (if this is the first time th process is being run).
> > > - Repeat the entire process above on S, taken as an integer, and increment the value of "1" to "2", "2" to "3", etc., as many times as desired; repeat until the string cannot be made smaller.

> [...]

Hi dear Big-Head:

Any progress of the compression algorithm? I saw you brought this post up.
But the law has settled and approved: Philip is detained, enslaved and tortured in prison
until a working compression algorithm is presented, life-long effective.

You seem not to really understand this is the 'incentivization' of your work,
I don't see any way around that can better liberate you.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o B.H.'s data compression challenge

By: wij on Mon, 14 Mar 2022

23wij