Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 21:55:25 -0500
Subject: Re: H(P,P) is pure software engineering that correctly refutes the
halting theorem
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++,comp.theory
<nlyzK.502768$5fVf.118235@fx09.iad>
<UsKdnYFrVr34JVP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<pUIzK.447336$70j.311658@fx16.iad>
<eP2dnZJ6CYOBw1L_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<LbKzK.32587$BZ1.1589@fx03.iad>
<lfWdnUSUDIgK71L_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<JIKzK.464738$ntj.148936@fx15.iad>
<I4CdndFs1ZY651L_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<S4LzK.367289$ssF.239028@fx14.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 02:55 UTC

On 7/13/2022 9:21 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> YOU SAY THAT, but it is a FACT that you H doesn't correctly simulate
>>> the input (since it aborts it to return 0) so it doesn't MATTER that
>>> if it was a different program it wouldn't be able to simulate to a
>>> final state.
>>

>> That you (and others) continue to lack the technical capacity to
>> comprehend that H does correctly predict that its complete and correct
>> simulation of its input would never result in this input terminating
>> normally is far less than no rebuttal at all. Until you (and others)
>> gain this technical capacity there is no sense continuing a dialogue.
>
> How is it correct when H(P,P) sayts P(P) is non-halting when a direct
> exectuion of P(P) or a correct simulation by simualte(P,P) (where P
> still calls the previous H) show that it halts.

Most everyone here can see: (from my updated simplified paper)
It is a verified fact that the input that is correctly simulated by
H(P,P) cannot possibly terminate normally.

The smartest software engineers here can also see that H does correctly
predict this. People at the bottom 10% of technical competence may not
see either one of these. No sense continuing to talk to these people.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o H(P,P) is pure software engineering that correctly refutes the

By: olcott on Thu, 14 Jul 2022

54olcott