From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++,comp.theory
Subject: Re: H(P,P) is pure software engineering that correctly refutes the
halting theorem
<nlyzK.502768$5fVf.118235@fx09.iad>
<UsKdnYFrVr34JVP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<pUIzK.447336$70j.311658@fx16.iad>
<eP2dnZJ6CYOBw1L_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<LbKzK.32587$BZ1.1589@fx03.iad>
<lfWdnUSUDIgK71L_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<JIKzK.464738$ntj.148936@fx15.iad>
<I4CdndFs1ZY651L_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<S4LzK.367289$ssF.239028@fx14.iad>
<Xf2dnQq8xI0AGFL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 05:18:54 +0100
 by: Mr Flibble - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 04:18 UTC

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 21:55:25 -0500
olcott <NoOne@NoWhere.com> wrote:

> On 7/13/2022 9:21 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

> >> That you (and others) continue to lack the technical capacity to
> >> comprehend that H does correctly predict that its complete and
> >> correct simulation of its input would never result in this input
> >> terminating normally is far less than no rebuttal at all. Until
> >> you (and others) gain this technical capacity there is no sense
> >> continuing a dialogue.
> >
> > How is it correct when H(P,P) sayts P(P) is non-halting when a
> > direct exectuion of P(P) or a correct simulation by simualte(P,P)
> > (where P still calls the previous H) show that it halts.
>
> Most everyone here can see: (from my updated simplified paper)
> It is a verified fact that the input that is correctly simulated by
> H(P,P) cannot possibly terminate normally.

I have shown that a simulating halting decider needn't be recursive in
nature thus can terminate normally. You are wrong on all fronts.

/Flibble

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o H(P,P) is pure software engineering that correctly refutes the

By: olcott on Thu, 14 Jul 2022

54olcott