Factorials were someone's attempt to make math LOOK exciting.

computers / comp.theory / Re: Picking up where Mike Terry left off: Does H(P,P) correctly simulate its input ?

Re: Picking up where Mike Terry left off: Does H(P,P) correctly simulate its input ?

<S%aBK.57712$sZ1.46897@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35824&group=comp.theory#35824

Subject: Re: Picking up where Mike Terry left off: Does H(P,P) correctly
simulate its input ?
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<jNedncZ9BZBfMkn_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<2G2BK.47678$vd2.20719@fx39.iad>
<7Iidnb1aPtFhJkn_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<cX3BK.486740$J0r9.190196@fx11.iad>
<a_udnZs736LESkn_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 06:56:49 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 10:56 UTC

On 7/17/22 11:45 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/17/2022 9:53 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> We have been talking about this for many months and you haven't
>>> noticed that H operates at the machine language level?
>>>

>> But the code for P was still specified at a source code level.
>>
>> You keep on trying to say that the behavior of the input to H(P,P)
>> doesn't match the behavior of P(P), but the point you miss is that
>> then your code for P is wrong.
>
> You are simply too stupid to verify that facts to prove that it is correct.
>
> *Halting problem proofs refuted on the basis of software engineering*
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/361701808_Halting_problem_proofs_refuted_on_the_basis_of_software_engineering

So, you are admitting that there is no error in my claim and it IS a
fact that H does not correctly determine to Halting of P(P)?

Then who is the one too stupid to verify facts?

Note, if my proof is correct, and your proof is corret, all this proves
is that the extra rules you added to your logic make your logic system
inconsistent, by the basic definition of inconsistency.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Picking up where Mike Terry left off: Does H(P,P) correctly simulate

By: olcott on Sun, 17 Jul 2022

16olcott