Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 07:08:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Reviewers interested in an honest dialogue will acknowledge these
key facts: [7]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<xhmcnQRa_YMsrnr_nZ2dnZfqlJ9i4p2d@giganews.com>
<5e997cc5-01cd-4196-aac1-ac802a22ca92n@googlegroups.com>
<ed-dnfQKpISrpnr_nZ2dnZfqlJ_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<39156528-a99d-4588-a86a-306f5566b889n@googlegroups.com>
<8iSdnU4qytgN0Xr_nZ2dnZfqlJ_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<DDOFK.43633$kY1.10509@fx06.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 1 Aug 2022 12:08 UTC

On 8/1/2022 6:17 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

> On 7/31/22 11:46 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> Then why do you insist that Ha(Pa,Pa) must report the halt status of
>>> Pn(Pn)?
>>>

>> H(P,P) correctly predicts that its correct and complete simulation of
>> its input would never reach the "ret" instruction of this input.
>
> No, it doesn't.

*When you deny basic facts than I have to stop talking to you*
*When you deny basic facts than I have to stop talking to you*
*When you deny basic facts than I have to stop talking to you*
*When you deny basic facts than I have to stop talking to you*
*When you deny basic facts than I have to stop talking to you*

H(P,P) correctly aborts its simulation when the simulated input matches
correctly this correct generic infinite recursion behavior pattern:

If the execution trace of function Y() shows:
(1) Function X() is called twice in sequence from the same machine
address of Y().
(2) With the same arguments to X().
(3) With no control flow instructions between the invocation of Y() and
its call to X().

Hs(Ps,Ps) is a purely hypothetical halt decider that is exactly the same
as H(P,P) except that it never aborts its simulation, it also matches
the same infinite recursion behavior pattern and reports that is input
does not halt through an output mechanism instead of a return value.
This could be a TM writing 0 to a tape location. This tape location is
initialized to blank, thus as soon as a 1 or a 0 is written to it the
decider has made its decision.

In no possible case does of either H(P,P) or Hs(Ps,Ps) does the
simulated P / Ps ever reach its "ret" instruction final state.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Reviewers interested in an honest dialogue will acknowledge these key

By: olcott on Sun, 31 Jul 2022

234olcott