From: nos...@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: What is the SIZE difference between iOS & Android updates?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 04:25:42 +0000
References: <trm6j7$313rd$1@paganini.bofh.team> <k47trdF4td6U1@mid.individual.net> <trmnpe$25f7f$1@dont-email.me> <040220231852133870%nospam@nospam.invalid> <trms5h$26ftn$1@dont-email.me> <trn1qg$38dnp$1@paganini.bofh.team> <trn9th$2bjso$1@dont-email.me> <trnba8$39eml$1@paganini.bofh.team> <trnd7u$2c43g$1@dont-email.me> <trnlap$3aej3$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0nxqbhg5qvvbo000@reader443.eternal-september.org> <trp135$3ev6r$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0nxqr9w6cav4v003@reader443.eternal-september.org> <050220231718411064%nospam@nospam.invalid> <trpak4$2nqb1$1@dont-email.me> <trpfkq$3gfg1$1@paganini.bofh.team> <trpjof$2pboq$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 04:25 UTC

badgolferman wrote:

> I was responding to nospam's question about what app iOS has which
> Google Play does not.

Hi badgolferman,

The only thing I expect from you is for you to act like a real adult.
Hence, I speak with you _differently_ than I do the child-like iKooks.

I keep the message simple for the iKooks. I dumb it down.
Even then, they can't comprehend - but that's _why_ they are iKooks.

When I ask the iKooks if there is any iOS app functionality all by its itty
bitty self that is not on Android, they claim there is tons - but they're
all filthy despicable liars who simply _hate_ that they don't know of any.

When you (or Steve) claim there is iOS app functionality impossible to find
in Android, I _trust_ that you didn't just make that up, badgolferman.

That's why you can always expect me to _ask_ you to back up your claim.
I only care for facts. I only care for the truth.

If there is iOS app functionality that is either native to iOS or that is
on the Apple App store that doesn't exist on Android, I want to know.

But you claiming newsreader functionality isn't on Android is ridiculous.

> I was not talking about functionality.

When I say that app functionality exists on Android which is impossible for
a typical user to load on iOS (such as automatic call recording, graphical
wi-fi debugging, system-wide on-device firewalls & gps mock location
spoofing to name a few), I _am_ talking about functionality.

The reason is that the obvious lack of _any_ iOS app functionality puts the
lie to statements of nospam and the rest of the iKooks (including Steve).

Remember, I have two goals on this newsgroup, one of which is to learn and
disseminate - the other is to show the filthy iKooks for what they are.

For decades, these filthy liars have poisoned Usenet with their lies.
And I simply am proving, for the permanent Usenet record, what they are.

Having said that, I had never expected you to be one of them, and I hope
you simply misunderstood what it means to say app functionality.

Bear in mind, I'm well aware that if you had a hundred apps, you'd like one
over the others - but that's NOT the same thing as saying the app
functionality is completely missing.

There's a _reason_ I aptly choose the word "crippled" in describing iOS.
*When something is _completely missing_, it's crippled*

My point is that iOS is crippled by the complete lack of functionality.
And yet, that complete lack does NOT extend in the other direction.

There is _nothing_ on iOS that isn't (usually long ago) already on Android
(by way of app functionality all by its itty bitty self, easily installed).

I don't care if you believe that assessment or if you dispute it; but if
you're going to dispute it, a newsreader is not the way to dispute it.

(Sucky) newsreader functionality exists on both platforms. Period.

> Another app I must have is FindMy to be able to find my son who is
> currently at University of Virginia.

Android doesn't have "FindMy" functionality?

Hell, I used that kind of capability to find my own kids when they were in
college and didn't call so many years ago that I've forgotten how I did it.

Are you seriously claiming there is no "findmy" functionality on Android?

> He has had many medical problems such
> as spontaneous pneumothorax over the years and ends up in the hospital on
> occasion.

I have kids. I have grandkids. I understand medical problems.

And I understand worrying about the kids. But you can't be seriously
claiming that there is no "FindMy" functionality on Android, can you be?

> Unfortunately some of these medical emergencies have happened
> when he has been out camping and we have been able to reach him just
> because I was able to find him.

I guess I pegged you wrong in that I thought you understood what
functionality means, but it seems I need to explain it yet again.

For Steve or nospam or for any of the iKooks to be filthy liars is to be
expected, so I expect them all to brazenly fabricate imaginary
functionality for iOS that they "claim" isn't on Android.

It always turns out that the functionality (e.g., gps spoofing) doesn't
exist on iOS - but it's so entrenched in Android that it's part of the
native operating system.

It's why iOS is crippled badgolferman. SO it's a VERY IMPORTANT POINT.
In fact, it's one of the MOST IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES between the two.

To put the most important difference between iOS & Android too simply:
*iOS is crippled; Android is not*

Since it's an extremely important point if you care to discuss the
differences between Android and iOS, for you to claim you know of an app
functionality on iOS that is comopletely missing on Android is key.

What is it?
I want to know.

And no, for nospam to paste yet again a hundred meaningless Apple
trademarks is NOT in any way a description of the single most important iOS
app functionality that people claim is on iOS but not on Android.

All I'm asking you to do is three words, badgolferman:
*Name just one*

> It seems as if you think I'm trying to antagonize you or something.

No. I do NOT think that at all. Not in the least. You're not an iKook.
And you're not a political animal, which is why Steve is a filthy liar.

I only expect you to do one thing, badgolferman.
Act like an adult.

What happened was I _trusted_ that you'd act like an adult.
That's all.

I expected you to honor truth.
That's all.

I expected you to back up your own words.
That's all.

After all, that's what I do.

> Or maybe you feel I'm just an idiot who is below you.

If you act like an adult, you'll _never_ be considered below me by me.
However, it does surprise me how little you know about iOS & Android.

What you've said in this thread alone, unfortunately, and to put it
bluntly, indicates that you've been listening to the iKooks too long.

Almost everything the iKooks claim about Apple, badgolferman, is not only a
lie, and not only a brazen lie, but most of it is a filthy despicable lie.

It's what iKooks are. Every one is a detestably contemptible liar.
Steve is also a reprehensible loathsome disreputable liar - but for
furtherance eof his own personal political goals in Cupertino.

I simply had expected you to know more than you actually do, badgolferman.
My dealing with you was predicated that I had expected you to be different.

> I assure you I have no desire to get on your bad side,

You and I and Ant, are likely the _only_ people who habitually frequent the
iOS newsgroup who are not vile shameful liars, badgolferman. On the Android
newsgroup people like Andy Burns, s|b, vanguard, jab, newscrawler, and a
few others are similarly reasonable sensible normal adults with normal IQ.

If David Empson were still around, and Michelle (who kindly gave me my
NewsTap license, by the way) were still around, bless their hearts, I would
have listed them also.

Notice how extremely rare people like you and Ant and I are on the Apple
newsgroup, while people like Andy Burns and Vanguard are just as critical
for disseminating knowledge on the Android newsgroups.

Without us, this newsgroup would be a cesspool of the iKook low life scum.
You can't get "on my bad side" without acting like they do. And you don't.

> but if you've lost patience with me then I
> will have to be placed on the list.

I have no list since I know almost everyone by heart, badgolferman.
Have I ever mentioned that my grasp of detail is excellent? :)

It's amazing, actually, to discuss something with, oh, say, nospam, and he
claims, for example, that 5G isn't something Apple is worried about, and
then a year later after Apple basically falls on their sword for 5G, nospam
doesn't even remember his own words.

How many times have I had to post nospam's own words which he denies saying
even as it's like a Chinese balloon that everyone can just look up to see?

Anyway, my goal is to get to the facts. It's truth that I want to both
disseminate, and learn. I can teach you the truth. I can learn from you.

I'm never afraid of the truth because my belief systems are based on fact.

If you know of _any_ app functionality that you believe is on iOS and not
on Android, just let me know what that is. But it's not a newsreader.

Nor is it a "find my phone" or "find someone else's phone" either.
Android has that. iOS has that. It's on both platforms. Period.

I have opined that I can't find a single app functionality on iOS not on
Android and there are really good and logical reasons for that opinion.

Those reasons, summarized perhaps too simply for you below, are...
1. Apple restricts what apps can do that it allows on the App Store.
2. Google does too (but to a hugely lesser extent by all accounts).
3. Even so, independent _developers_ create most app functionality.
4. And they can easily publish for Android users (but not for iOS users).

Since I'm intelligent, knowledgeable, and rather well educated
badgolferman, I _expect_ you to comprehend the rationale I explained.

Do you at least _understand_ the four points that I said above?
--
NOTE: They're super important to understand because they form the
single most important difference between the two platforms.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o What is the SIZE difference between iOS & Android updates?

By: Andy Burnelli on Sat, 4 Feb 2023

82Andy Burnelli