"I may kid around about drugs, but really, I take them seriously." -- Doctor Graper

computers / comp.theory / Re: Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM said about my work [competence?]

Re: Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM said about my work [competence?]

<3BBKK.730686$5fVf.367715@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37756&group=comp.theory#37756

Subject: Re: Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM
said about my work [competence?]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<20220814205543.00006c29@reddwarf.jmc.corp> <tdbqq3$1cg2$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<cveKK.768959$ssF.612517@fx14.iad>
<2h-dnZQ8E7yD42T_nZ2dnZfqlJ9g4p2d@giganews.com>
<SzfKK.916573$JVi.396684@fx17.iad>
<MLOcnbPjLuakG2T_nZ2dnZfqlJ9g4p2d@giganews.com>
<UqgKK.136200$Me2.116425@fx47.iad>
<_KucnbJJWuzxAWT_nZ2dnZfqlJ_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<HkhKK.793605$wIO9.479008@fx12.iad>
<PuidnRegb5XZOWT_nZ2dnZfqlJxh4p2d@giganews.com>
<OFhKK.730625$5fVf.417433@fx09.iad>
<Otqdnd4GfKOiNWT_nZ2dnZfqlJxh4p2d@giganews.com>
<KZhKK.772181$zgr9.340328@fx13.iad>
<tEmdnfEhQrIvM2T_nZ2dnZfqlJ_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<sqqKK.137501$Me2.29783@fx47.iad>
<T9GdncITtZzow2f_nZ2dnZfqlJ9g4p2d@giganews.com>
<d2AKK.1016233$X_i.4836@fx18.iad>
<t5idnUq6Z-PBRWf_nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 20:33:03 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 00:33 UTC

On 8/15/22 7:36 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/15/2022 5:47 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Liar
>>>

>> Are you saying the code you provided DOESN'T abort the simulation done
>> by H(P,P) at the point where P(P) calls H(P,P)?
>>

> The algorithm implemented by H:
> The correct simulation by H(P,P), never stops running until H aborts it.

No, the algorithm implemented by your H is to abort the simulation of
P(P) as soon as it calls H(P,P). That is EXACTLY what the code you have
published for your H does.

> The exact point in the execution trace of the correct simulation of the
> input to H(P,P) where the simulation is aborted is an implementation
> detail that is separate from this algorithm.

WRONG. The actual alrgorith INCLUDES the choice of that detail,
otherwise it isn't an actual ALGORITM, it is just a algorithm TEMPLATE.

Until you SPECIFY that "detail", you don't have an actual H.

Is that you problem, you don't understand that in Computation Theory,
and algorithm is the COMPLETE specification of the steps needd to carry
out the computaiton?

You can't just say "Until it proves ....", you need to specify EXACTLY
HOW it proves that. That means the EXACT pattern set that H uses.

You are just showing how little you understand what you are talking about.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM

By: olcott on Sun, 14 Aug 2022

234olcott