How can you work when the system's so crowded?

computers / comp.theory / Re: Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM said about my work [competence?]

Re: Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM said about my work [competence?]

<JCDKK.772034$ssF.405468@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=37767&group=comp.theory#37767

Subject: Re: Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM
said about my work [competence?]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<tEmdnfEhQrIvM2T_nZ2dnZfqlJ_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<sqqKK.137501$Me2.29783@fx47.iad>
<T9GdncITtZzow2f_nZ2dnZfqlJ9g4p2d@giganews.com>
<d2AKK.1016233$X_i.4836@fx18.iad>
<t5idnUq6Z-PBRWf_nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<3BBKK.730686$5fVf.367715@fx09.iad>
<Vp6dnZdlCtCndWf_nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<82CKK.917261$JVi.344055@fx17.iad>
<V86dnTZgD6Bacmf_nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<IGCKK.131460$dh2.119930@fx46.iad>
<rf6dne7Bna80ZGf_nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<r9DKK.750232$ntj.655539@fx15.iad>
<LX-dnT2cwJELnmb_nZ2dnZfqlJ9g4p2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 22:51:21 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 02:51 UTC

On 8/15/22 10:40 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/15/2022 9:20 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> THIS IS SUFFICIENT FOR EVERY EXCEPTIONALLY TALENTED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
>>> TO IMPLEMENT A SHD THAT CORRECTLY DETERMINES THE HALT STATUS OF THE
>>> ABOVE PATHOLOGICAL INPUT:
>>>
>>> The algorithm: A simulating halt decider (SHD) continues to simulate
>>> its input until it correctly matches a non-halting behavior pattern
>>> or the input halts on its own. If a non-halting behavior pattern is
>>> matched then the SHD aborts the simulation of its input and reports
>>> non-halting. If the input halts on its own the SHD report halting.
>>>
>>> INSSTEAD OF PLAYING HEAD GAMES LET'S JUST AGREE ON THAT
>>>

>> Then why does it get the wrong answer?
>>
> When the measure of the behavior of the input to H(P,P) is the behavior
> of the correct simulation that H performs on P THEN H GETS THE CORRECT
> ANSWER. H DOES CORRECTLY PREDICT THAT ITS COMPLETE SIMULATION OF P WOULD
> NEVER STOP RUNNING.

Except it isn't, so you can't.

It is just wrong, and you prove you are dumb. You start from a LIE, so
you can't actualy prove what you claim.

The ACTUAL CORRECT and COMPLETE simulation of the input to H(P,P), which
P does not do, will Halt, so H(P,P) returning 0 is incorrect.

You are just showing that you are living in a fantasy world where Truth
doesn't actualy matter.

You are just talking about POOP, not Halting.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM

By: olcott on Sun, 14 Aug 2022

234olcott