From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in
CACM said about my work [stupid]
<0a36df55-771f-4f26-a073-4dc34ac69942n@googlegroups.com>
<xZGdnWjVQ-X8kmD_nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<43abc3f8-279b-4eca-ac54-dbcf7b276db9n@googlegroups.com>
<iMecnScwOYKViGD_nZ2dnZfqlJ_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<68e43e9f-8ac6-45c8-ae2d-54cf74c76787n@googlegroups.com>
<0uWcnYwdfYD2gGD_nZ2dnZfqlJ_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<9ee5c99d-f30e-44d5-bdd9-e7213cfd8b16n@googlegroups.com>
<buidnToEtpcwuGD_nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:35:52 +0100
 by: Mr Flibble - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:35 UTC

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:30:38 -0500
olcott <NoOne@NoWhere.com> wrote:

> On 8/17/2022 11:57 AM, Dennis Bush wrote:

> >> So you disagree that every decider must base its decision on a
> >> semantic or syntactic property of its input?
> >>
> >> In other words you are asserting that a decider must base its
> >> decision on a semantic or syntactic property of a non-input?
> >
> > You're the one asserting that, as you think that Ha(Pa,Pa) should
> > be reporting the halt status of Pn(Pn):
> A simulating halt decider always reports on what the behavior of its
> pure simulation of its input would be on the basis of recognizing an
> infinite behavior pattern that correctly predicts what the behavior
> of this pure simulation would be without the need to actually perform
> this pure simulation.

Not when the infinite behaviour is a property of the decider itself as
is the case with your broken decider. A working decider (such as the
one I designed) actually returns a halting decision to P allowing
the simulation of P to continue (rather than aborting the simulation) as
it does not suffer from the infinite behaviour that your broken decider
has.

> This system consistently works correctly in every case where the
> simulation of the input would never otherwise stop running and H
> correctly predicts that the simulation of the input would never
> otherwise stop running.

You don't have a working "system" as your decider does not return a
decision on P(P).

/Flibble

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Here is what a computer scientist that has been published in CACM

By: olcott on Sun, 14 Aug 2022

234olcott