From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Flibble is incompetent at software engineering
<oFIOK.998752$JVi.695236@fx17.iad>
<20220828125811.00005686@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<QWIOK.844283$J0r9.808735@fx11.iad>
<20220828131850.00003222@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<0gNOK.110993$Eh2.36178@fx41.iad>
<20220828182003.00003bb7@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<TFNOK.1191828$X_i.1121392@fx18.iad>
<20220828191901.000007fa@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<QbPOK.1191832$X_i.38861@fx18.iad>
<20220828202157.00003f8c@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<ynPOK.792438$5fVf.768557@fx09.iad>
<20220828203820.00005e58@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<GfQOK.715605$vAW9.389716@fx10.iad>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 21:34:45 +0100
 by: Mr Flibble - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 20:34 UTC

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:30:29 -0400
Richard Damon <Richard@Damon-Family.org> wrote:

> On 8/28/22 3:38 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 15:30:37 -0400
> > Richard Damon <Richard@Damon-Family.org> wrote:

> >> To Quote:

> >> Breaking down into the sections:
> >>
> >> P1S1: The description of the Problem
> >>
> >> P1S2: The Statment of the Theorem and that it was proven
> >>
> >> P2S1: An Overview of the Proof
> >>>

> > Again, my point exactly, "the" Proof is the "Impossible Program"
> > contradiction, no other proofs are mentioned the implication being
> > that the Halting Problem is concerned with the contradiction alone.
> >

> So, are you talking about the PROBLEM, or the PROOF of the Theorem
> associated with that Problem?
>

> >> P2S2: A Summary of the Effect of the Theorem being Proven
> >
> > "the" proof obviously refers to the previous proof and no other
> > proof.
> >
> > /Flibble
> >

> Again, are you talking about the PROBLEM, or the PROOF of the THEOREM
> about that Problem.
>
> Your intial statement was about THE PROBLEM.
>
> The Problem has NOTHING about the "Impossible Program" in it.
>
> The PROBLEM came first, as people were wondering it this idea of a
> computing machine might be able to prove some of the problems that
> they were intereseted in but couldn't solve.
>
> THEN came Alan Turing with a formalization of the Turing Machine,
> showed that it could do any form of calculation, and the impossible
> program that no Turing Machine could possible decide.
>
> This is what proved that a Halt Decider couldn't be created, and it
> came AFTER the Halting Problem existed.
>
> Thus, the Halting PROBLEM is not about the Impossible Program, only
> the Proof uses it.

"the Proof" not "a Proof", ergo the Halting Problem has a symbiotic
relationship with the "Impossible Program" proof alone.

If you disagree then please present an alternative proof that has no
relationship to the "Impossible Program" whatsoever if we are to
progress this further.

/Flibble

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Blocking/ignoring your reviewers