From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Does everyone agree with this halt status decision?
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:01:02 -0500
<temeuh$1jn1h$3@dont-email.me> <VhzPK.6406$elEa.194@fx09.iad>
<temg29$1jn1h$4@dont-email.me> <oBzPK.54789$iiS8.53327@fx17.iad>
<temial$1jn1h$5@dont-email.me> <fjAPK.6428$IRd5.1970@fx10.iad>
<temkki$17q7$1@gioia.aioe.org> <_8HPK.22$Ve%5.8@fx01.iad>
<tenrn3$1r0ms$2@dont-email.me> <vORPK.54863$iiS8.2759@fx17.iad>
<teoro4$1ugqi$1@dont-email.me> <zsSPK.54871$iiS8.48000@fx17.iad>
<teoslr$hcv$1@gioia.aioe.org> <uPSPK.62955$Ny99.48880@fx16.iad>
<teou3b$1ugqi$2@dont-email.me> <whTPK.1826$x5w7.375@fx42.iad>
<teovro$1ugqi$3@dont-email.me> <dyTPK.104752$PRW4.79668@fx11.iad>
<tep0n9$1ugqi$4@dont-email.me> <VJTPK.38446$6Il8.28980@fx14.iad>
<tep1uo$1ugqi$5@dont-email.me> <R4UPK.144450$wLZ8.8714@fx18.iad>
<tep2u7$1ugqi$6@dont-email.me> <gxVPK.10404$6gz7.6352@fx37.iad>
<tep9oj$1ugqi$7@dont-email.me> <7u0QK.145384$BKL8.38090@fx15.iad>
<teqfn6$1uk6$1@gioia.aioe.org> <20220901155601.00003953@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
 by: olcott - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:01 UTC

On 9/1/2022 9:56 AM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 09:31:01 -0500
> olcott <none-ya@beez-wax.com> wrote:

>> invalid.

>> way.

>> > You can't stipulate something which is illogical or can't exist.
>> >
>> When I stipulate "there is a what cat sitting on my head" is code for
>> the meaning that 2+3=5 then, "there is a what cat sitting on my head"
>> is true.
>>

>> When I stipulate that H(P,P)==0 is code for Simulate(Pz,Pz) never
>> stops running then H(P,P)==0 is true.
>>
>> In BASIC when
>> 100 let X = 5
>> when it not free to interprets that value of X as anthing besides 5.

>> > But "xyz" doesn't have the bagage of being implied to be a decider.
>> >
>> > A Decider can only decide based on its input. Pz is not PP, so it
>> > can't decide on something based on Pz when given PP.
>> >
>> Ah so not you are saying that the fact that P(P) halts ( P(P) is not
>> an input) does not contradict the fact that H(P,P)==0.
>>
>> > You can't "stipulate" that H was correct at doing something it can
>> >
>> not do.
>> I can stipulate "I really want a cup of tea" is code for
>> Simulate(Pz,Pz) never halts.
>>

>> > You need to explain HOW H is able to decide on Pz when given PP.
>> H is deciding what its own behavior would be if it never aborted the
>> simulation of its input. It does that by analyzing the behavior of
>> its proxy.
>>
>> void Infinite_Recursion(int N)
>> {
>> Infinite_Recursion(N);
>> }
>>
>> int main()
>> {
>> Output("Input_Halts = ", H((u32)Infinite_Recursion, 0x777));
>> }
>>
>> H(Infinite_Recursion, 0x777) analyzes the behavior of
>> Simulate(Infinite_Recursion, 0x777).
>>
>> void Infinite_Loop()
>> {
>> HERE: goto HERE;
>> }
>>
>> H0(Infinite_Loop) analyzes the behavior of Simulate(Infinite_Loop).
>>
>> Simulate(Pz,Pz) never stops running is the proxy for H(P,P) when H
>> never aborts the simulation of its input.
>>
>> When H never aborts the simulation of its input then H(P,P) <*IS*>
>> Simulate(Pz,Pz).
>
> This isn't the Halting Problem, though: in the Halting Problem P is
> calling H not Simulate and here you are talking about something
> different again whereby P is not even calling H or Simulate. Stop
> pretending you are talking about the Halting Problem when you are not.
>
> /Flibble

THE MEANING OF THESE WORDS PROVE THAT THEY ARE TRUE
When-so-ever the input/argument to a simulating halt decider (SHD) would
never stop running unless its simulation was aborted is merely another
way of saying that this input never reaches its final state and halts.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Does everyone agree with this halt status decision?

By: olcott on Tue, 30 Aug 2022

315olcott