"I prefer the blunted cudgels of the followers of the Serpent God." -- Sean Doran the Younger

computers / comp.theory / Re: Does everyone agree with this halt status decision? [existential quantification]

Re: Does everyone agree with this halt status decision? [existential quantification]

<f4yRK.308448$6Il8.11398@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39283&group=comp.theory#39283

Subject: Re: Does everyone agree with this halt status decision? [existential
quantification]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<87edww8l1y.fsf@tigger.extechop.net> <teqe86$26rk0$1@dont-email.me>
<871qsukvv5.fsf@tigger.extechop.net> <tetdmf$2j33n$1@dont-email.me>
<8735d6f64h.fsf@tigger.extechop.net>
<n4udnX0kcq1skYv-nZ2dnZfqlJzNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<huoRK.187182$wLZ8.44794@fx18.iad> <tf5676$3ka96$1@dont-email.me>
<W3pRK.305751$6Il8.226847@fx14.iad> <tf5j0u$3lhg4$1@dont-email.me>
<QnsRK.183255$SAT4.159510@fx13.iad> <tf5k1p$3lhg4$2@dont-email.me>
<dKsRK.31876$kEr7.15563@fx44.iad> <tf5ln6$3lhg4$3@dont-email.me>
<jZsRK.388872$iiS8.244381@fx17.iad> <tf5n2k$3lhg4$4@dont-email.me>
<TltRK.17086$chF5.11549@fx08.iad> <tf5qol$3masv$1@dont-email.me>
<mxuRK.153581$PRW4.2791@fx11.iad> <tf630b$3n2i7$1@dont-email.me>
<BFwRK.100985$6gz7.50608@fx37.iad> <tf68qb$3nbn1$1@dont-email.me>
<7QxRK.389286$iiS8.297530@fx17.iad> <tf6a62$3nbn1$2@dont-email.me>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 22:16:43 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 02:16 UTC

On 9/5/22 10:10 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 9/5/2022 8:59 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> If it is "just wrong" then you can show exactly how one element of
>>> the set of Hx/Px pairs where Hx correctly simulates its input and Px
>>> reaches its final state.
>>
>> Why, what is wrong is your claim that a member needs to.
>>
>> No evidence provided for the rule, thus an incorrect claim.
>
> If you say that I am wrong you must show the basis for this assessment
> otherwise your assertion that I am wrong is baseless.
>
> *No amount of weasel worded double-talk can get around that*

No, you don't understand, the person proposing the rule need to prove it.

It is also easily disproven, since even you have accepted that
UTM(Px,Px) does Halt (if Hx(P,Px) return 0), so BY DEFINITION the
correct HALTING decision of Hx(Px,Px) must be 1 for these cases.

Unless you renounce that Hx is a Halting Decider, it is just WRONG

No "weasel words", just FACTS.

FAIL.

YOU HAVE WASTED YOUR LIFE.

SO SORRY.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Does everyone agree with this halt status decision?

By: olcott on Tue, 30 Aug 2022

315olcott