From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Hx(Px,Px)==0 is proven to be correct (refuting halting problem
proofs)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 20:58:45 -0500
 by: olcott - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 01:58 UTC

On 9/7/2022 8:50 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> So.

>>> And the answer for the Px built on that Hx is YES.
>>>
>>> Px(Px) calls your Hx(Px,Px) it immediately returns false and Px halts.
>>>
>>> What is wrong with that simulation?
>>>
>>> Even YOU should be able to see that.

>>> How, since it halts?
>> void Px(ptr x)
>> {
>>    int Halt_Status = Hx(x, x);
>>    if (Halt_Status)
>>      HERE: goto HERE;
>>    return;
>> }
>>
>> *You forgot that you agreed that you agreed that the answer is NO*
>> Does the complete and correct simulation of Px by Hx ever stop running?
>>

> I never agreed that the answer was No. You are just lying again.
>
> I agreed that for the Hx that NEVER stops simulating, the answer is no,

You didn't understand the a complete simulation of an input that never
stops running also never stops simulating?

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Hx(Px,Px)==0 is proven to be correct (refuting halting problem

By: olcott on Tue, 6 Sep 2022

191olcott