Do not simplify the design of a program if a way can be found to make it complex and wonderful.

computers / comp.theory / Re: Hx(Px,Px)==0 is proven to be correct (refuting halting problem proofs) V2

Re: Hx(Px,Px)==0 is proven to be correct (refuting halting problem proofs) V2

<Pb8VK.535813$BKL8.328360@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39565&group=comp.theory#39565

Subject: Re: Hx(Px,Px)==0 is proven to be correct (refuting halting problem
proofs) V2
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<tg2j70$f28$1@gioia.aioe.org> <RI4VK.28151$SqO3.22011@fx02.iad>
<tg2lu7$1jkh$1@gioia.aioe.org> <0z5VK.14779$NNy7.1966@fx39.iad>
<tg2p6g$vim$1@gioia.aioe.org> <O%5VK.188286$BQA7.74873@fx41.iad>
<tg2qk0$3u963$1@dont-email.me> <Vg6VK.377676$6Il8.265411@fx14.iad>
<tg2sab$3u963$2@dont-email.me> <TO6VK.441785$Ny99.407311@fx16.iad>
<tg2ua1$s3p$1@gioia.aioe.org> <rc7VK.432715$iiS8.416856@fx17.iad>
<tg2vte$3u963$4@dont-email.me> <1Q7VK.432722$iiS8.138489@fx17.iad>
<tg31qa$3vbgf$1@dont-email.me>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:06:06 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Sat, 17 Sep 2022 00:06 UTC

On 9/16/22 7:45 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 9/16/2022 6:40 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Did I stutter?
>>
>> No, apparently you are just lying or proving your stupidity.
>>
>> You just don't know what a computation is, so what is required for
>> something to be a decider.
>>
>>> Every element of the set of encodings of H0 that returns 0 correctly
>>> determines the halt status of Infinite_Loop for every possible
>>> encoding of H0 that correctly and completely simulates Infinite_Loop.
>>
>> All "Encodings" of a given algorithm must behave the same, if all that
>> is varying is the "Encoding" (the symbolic representation of the
>> operations) and not the actual operations that are performed.
>>
>> Maybe you don't understand what an encoding is. I dop remember you
>> dropping out of that class before you got to it.
>>

>>> A subset of these encodings of H0 that return 0 do so on the basis of
>>> correctly matching a correct infinite behavior pattern that
>>> conclusively proves that Infinite_Loop never halts.
>>
>> Thus, your "encodings" are actually "encodings" but different actaul
>> implementations of a generic algorithm.
>>
>> Thus you have a set of SPECIIF ALGORITHMS.
>>
>> A decider must be a SPECIFIC ALGORITHM, so your set of different
>> variations on a generic algorithm is actually a SET OF DIFFERENT
>> DECIDERS.
>>
>> Thus it IS correct that we have deciders H0a and H0b as DIFFERENT
>> deciders since they implement a different computaiton giving different
>> results for the same input.
>>

>>> *H0 and Infinite_loop are contained within halt7.c*
>>>
>>> *complete halt deciding system including*
>>> *(a) x86utm operating system*
>>> *(b) complete x86 emulator*
>>> *(c) All of the various halt deciders and their inputs are contained
>>> in Halt7.c*
>>> https://liarparadox.org/2022_09_07.zip
>>>
>>> This system currently only compiles under:
>>> Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
>>> https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/
>>>

>> And note, that H0 is just a SPEICIIFIC implementation of your generic
>> set you are talking about, and doesn't meet your requirements, as it
>> never completely simulatutes its input, so it hasn't proven by its
>> complete simulation of the input that it is non-halting.
>>
>> (It may be correct about that input being non-halting by the actual
>> definition, but it shows the problem with YOUR definition, as there is
>> no H0 that is that H0 that does the required complete simulation, just
>> as there NEVER is for any of your deciders that give a non-halting
>> answer.
>
> So you consistently fail to comprehend the idea of non-halting behavior
> patterns that accurately predict the behavior of complete simulations?

They CAN exist, but your definition doesn't allow for their use, as you
are defining that only the correct and complete simulation by the
decider counts.

You need to do this as it is shown that the correct and complete
simulation of the input by an actual UTM will show that H(P,P) returning
0 is just wrong, as UTM(P,P) for a P built on an H that returns 0 for
H(P,P) is easily shown to be halting, so you need to use the illogical
definition to outlaw the proof that you are wrong.

You also run into the issue that you can't prove the existance of a
pattern in the simulation done by H(P,P) that actually proves it to be
non-halting, because it has been shown that any such pattern that it
might see can't be a actual non-halting pattern as if H uses it, then P
becomes Halting.

You don't seem to be able to comprhend that Logic has rules that need to
be followed, pesky things like PROOF, and needing to prove existance.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Hx(Px,Px)==0 is proven to be correct (refuting halting problem

By: olcott on Fri, 16 Sep 2022

177olcott