From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Halting problem proofs refuted on the basis of software
engineering ?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:23:47 -0500
<tgdhph$1ka58$2@dont-email.me> <45tWK.418218$6Il8.45041@fx14.iad>
<tgdnah$1tu8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <tgdo81$7l4$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<tgdoru$crq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <pMtWK.632769$BKL8.247886@fx15.iad>
<tgdts3$1r0t$1@gioia.aioe.org> <l2vWK.42309$0qy7.30442@fx40.iad>
<tgdv84$5is$1@gioia.aioe.org> <wmvWK.303367$wLZ8.63666@fx18.iad>
<tge101$1nsnl$2@dont-email.me> <yPvWK.143777$IRd5.53996@fx10.iad>
<tge23a$1nsnl$4@dont-email.me> <_nCWK.198870$BQA7.175961@fx41.iad>
<tgfb7a$1rk5o$3@dont-email.me> <osMWK.136080$w35c.30681@fx47.iad>
<tgg7sh$nvu$1@gioia.aioe.org> <IvNWK.347516$SAT4.312085@fx13.iad>
<tgg9c6$163m$1@gioia.aioe.org> <23OWK.430767$6Il8.380479@fx14.iad>
<tgi260$27klo$1@dont-email.me> <ly5XK.67036$Ve%5.66679@fx01.iad>
<tgirbs$485$3@gioia.aioe.org> <1H7XK.652297$BKL8.527903@fx15.iad>
<tgj34n$2bfko$1@dont-email.me> <Gn8XK.101961$tRy7.61995@fx36.iad>
<tgj63l$2ejce$3@dont-email.me> <K39XK.212609$51Rb.24036@fx45.iad>
 by: olcott - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:23 UTC

On 9/22/2022 9:43 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> So?
>>
>> All of the HP proofs fail to prove undecidability.
>>

> Why do you say that?
I showed all of the details required to correctly determine the halt
status of the "impossible" input. This "impossible" input is the basis
of all of these proofs.

Complete halt deciding system
https://liarparadox.org/2022_09_07.zip

Compiles under Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/

The provided infinite recursion detector and corresponding test code has
been slightly adapted so that this slightly adapted behavior pattern can
be applied to P. This H/P are one element of the infinite set of Hx/Px
pairs.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Halting problem proofs refuted on the basis of software engineering ?

By: olcott on Tue, 20 Sep 2022

67olcott