If Bill Gates is the Devil then Linus Torvalds must be the Messiah. -- Unknown source

computers / comp.theory / Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw

Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw

<f8tYK.543903$wkZ5.502025@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39916&group=comp.theory#39916

Subject: Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<tgsbuj$3o239$1@dont-email.me> <20220926090445.547@kylheku.com>
<tgsmn5$1f9f$1@gioia.aioe.org> <20220926181945.00004bd9@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<tgso9c$3pmcj$1@dont-email.me> <20220926184828.00006118@reddwarf.jmc.corp>
<tgsphq$3pmcj$2@dont-email.me> <plqYK.699456$%q2.567937@fx15.ams1>
<tgtdjp$k83$1@gioia.aioe.org> <w1rYK.918307$%fx6.414214@fx14.ams1>
<tgtftj$3rs8a$1@dont-email.me> <0ArYK.1232167$Eeb3.1026224@fx05.ams1>
<tgthrr$1rdj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <C8sYK.918322$%fx6.826267@fx14.ams1>
<tgtjg9$bor$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sEsYK.1635575$ulh3.952349@fx06.ams1>
<tgtmhj$3v66k$1@dont-email.me>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 22:23:08 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 02:23 UTC

On 9/26/22 10:18 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 9/26/2022 8:49 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> I created a new concept that makes earlier ideas about this obsolete:
>>>
>>> Because the definition of a UTM specifies that the correct simulation
>>> of a machine description provides the actual behavior of the
>>> underlying machine whenever any simulating halt decider must abort
>>> its simulation to prevent infinite simulation it is necessarily
>>> correct to report that this input does not halt.
>>>
>>> Because the above is verified as correct on the basis of the meaning
>>> of its words it is irrefutable.
>>>

>> Right, but H isn't a UTM, so its simulation doesn't matter.
>>

> Unless you can specify that material difference between the two, that
> would seem to prove that you are technically incompetent.

H doesn't correctly repoduce the behavior of a non-halting input.

Thus, it isn't a UTM.

> So far none of the people that I have spoken with in any of the reviews
> of my work know these things any deeper than learned-by-rote.

Your problem is you are working from a position of ignorance because you
never learned the basics.

You don't even understand that H can't be a UTM, becauxe it doesn't do
what a UTM is defined to do.

You are just proving your stupidity based on self-enforced ignorance.

You have wasted the last 18 years of your life and buried your
reputaiton with your idiotic lies.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o representing binary number naturally

By: Lew Pitcher on Mon, 26 Sep 2022