"In the fight between you and the world, back the world." -- Frank Zappa

computers / comp.theory / Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio c/c++ project ]

Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio c/c++ project ]

<AU4ZK.110024$tRy7.104864@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39958&group=comp.theory#39958

Subject: Re: The Halting Problem proofs have a fatal flaw [ Visual Studio
c/c++ project ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory
<tgthrr$1rdj$1@gioia.aioe.org> <C8sYK.918322$%fx6.826267@fx14.ams1>
<tgtjg9$bor$1@gioia.aioe.org> <sEsYK.1635575$ulh3.952349@fx06.ams1>
<tgtmhj$3v66k$1@dont-email.me> <f8tYK.543903$wkZ5.502025@fx11.ams1>
<tgtntf$3v66k$3@dont-email.me> <8FtYK.699498$%q2.43782@fx15.ams1>
<tgtp7j$5p8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <o6uYK.242772$YVsf.228210@fx01.ams1>
<tgtrs5$rgq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <%IAYK.567410$YC96.259830@fx12.ams1>
<tgv4ah$3a6r$2@dont-email.me> <YhLYK.294354$G_96.174924@fx13.ams1>
<th06ba$67gl$1@dont-email.me> <0fNYK.114886$6gz7.30480@fx37.iad>
<th089p$2hg$1@gioia.aioe.org> <kLNYK.200849$elEa.79945@fx09.iad>
<th09vn$flf$1@gioia.aioe.org> <CfOYK.236274$PRW4.7213@fx11.iad>
<th0bjf$13fc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <1AOYK.231099$51Rb.45426@fx45.iad>
<th0dk0$1jat$1@gioia.aioe.org> <zdWYK.511940$Ny99.268522@fx16.iad>
<th1q44$cu0t$1@dont-email.me> <Wt4ZK.133330$479c.108846@fx48.iad>
<th2lgm$fdtd$1@dont-email.me>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 19:37:03 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 23:37 UTC

On 9/28/22 7:31 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 9/28/2022 6:08 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> You cannot find a competent source that agrees that the actual
>>> behavior of the input is not provided by the correct simulation of
>>> this input therefore
>>>

>> Except that the problem is that "Correct Simulation" is generally
>> taken to be a Correct and Complete Simulation,
>
> *No it is not and Mike already corrected you on this*
> You stubbornly insistent on lying.

The ONLY definition of "simulation" for Turing Machines that I know of
is the UTM, and it only does a complete simulation of its input.

Care to provide a reliable source that defines a "Correct Simulation" as
to include a partial one that is applicable here?

>> which your H does do.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o representing binary number naturally

By: Lew Pitcher on Mon, 26 Sep 2022