Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 18:34:43 +0000
From: flib...@reddwarf.jmc.corp (Mr Flibble)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: A PhD computer scientist spent three days in chat reviewing my paper
References: <tkb914$3k69v$2@dont-email.me> <tkbeul$3kn9f$2@dont-email.me> <d62c0756-37be-4482-be53-ca43992762b7n@googlegroups.com> <tkdtvm$3ugr3$2@dont-email.me> <20221108172432.000032c1@reddwarf.jmc.corp> <tke4a2$3ugr3$4@dont-email.me> <20221108205321.00007875@reddwarf.jmc.corp> <tkei2b$6it$1@gioia.aioe.org> <20221108233635.00002332@reddwarf.jmc.corp> <tkerag$1din$1@gioia.aioe.org> <20221109171951.00004c55@reddwarf.jmc.corp> <tkgnoq$97h9$3@dont-email.me> <20221109175613.00005de6@reddwarf.jmc.corp> <tkgqvp$1e2b$2@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Mr Flibble - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 18:34 UTC

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 12:19:37 -0600
olcott <none-ya@beez-waxes.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/2022 11:56 AM, Mr Flibble wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 11:24:42 -0600
> > olcott <polcott2@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> In your case "cannot" means {should not} and thus not an actual
> >> category error of {it is utterly impossible} for D to call H with
> >> the machine description of itself.
> >
> > Wrong, it is a category error (self reference) which will manifest
> > as nested simulation if the decider is of the simulating type.
> >

> >> It is utterly impossible for the category of living creature
> >> {animal} to be an element of the set of {office buildings}.
> >
> > Why do you keep giving me fucktarded examples of category errors? I
> > know what a category error is but I am not sure you do, at least
> > fully, as you cannot see how the self reference in [Strachey 1965]
> > and associated proofs is a category error.
> >
> > /Flibble
>

> Category mistakes are sentences such as ‘The number two is blue’,
> ‘The theory of relativity is eating breakfast’, or ‘Green ideas sleep
> furiously’. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/category-mistakes/

Again with the childish examples of category errors: I KNOW WHAT A
CATEGORY ERROR IS, DEAR.

/Flibble

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o A PhD computer scientist spent three days in chat reviewing my paper

By: olcott on Mon, 7 Nov 2022

19olcott