Air pollution is really making us pay through the nose.

computers / comp.theory / Re: Not one person on this forum ever gave me a fair and honest review

Re: Not one person on this forum ever gave me a fair and honest review

<QgShL.76233$Q0m1.53355@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=41999&group=comp.theory#41999

Subject: Re: Not one person on this forum ever gave me a fair and honest
review
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 19:09:19 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 00:09 UTC

On 11/30/22 9:38 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 11/30/2022 6:01 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> I am only willing to have a mutually honest dialogue.
>>>

>> I'm AM being Honest.
>>
>>> When I prove that you are incorrect on a point you never acknowledge
>>> that I proved that you are incorrect you simply change the subject.
>>
>> Except that you never have proven me wrong on any major point.
>>

>>> Acknowledge that he was not fooled and that he most likely fully
>>> understood what he agreed to or we cannot move on to the next point.
>>>

>> "Fooled" may be a stronger word then needed. He does not interpret the
>> words the way you do. This is in part due to your enforced IGNORANCE
>> of the subject.
>
> Until you acknowledge that you were wrong and he was not fooled at all
> we cannot proceed.

No, untill YOU acknowledge that you don't understand the actual meaning
of the words, in context, that you have been using, you are just going
to continue to show your stupidity.

Remember, To Prof Sipser, "Correct Simulation" means a Complete and
Correct Simulation, just like a UTM.

Since even you admit that D(D) returns when H(D,D) answers 0, this means
that since you are claiming your "correct H" does answer 0, then the
D(D) of this problem Halts, and thuis the ONLY possible results of a
"Correct Simulation" of the input to H(D,D) is Halting, so it is
IMPOSSIBLE for H to "Correct Determine that a Correct Simulaiton of its
input would be non-halting". This applies whether you restrict that
correct simulation to being by H or not.

Thus, your arguement FAILS.

Yes, if H COULD prove that, it would be correct, because that means that
the D given it must have been some other machine that doesn't halt, but
your proof stipulates that it IS the machine that was described in his
proof, which DOES call the H that is claimed to be correct, and which by
your stipulation DOES abort its simulaition and return 0.

Thus, your H can NOT prove the needed condition, so its aborting is
proved to be in error.

Your problem seems to be that you just don't know what any of the
important words actually mean.

You are just continuing to mount the evidence of your own ignorance and
stupidity.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Not one person on this forum ever gave me a fair and honest review

By: olcott on Mon, 28 Nov 2022

120olcott