From: rich...@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Theoretical suggestion ---Richard finally agrees with my view of
how a correct Truth predicate is defined---
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 21:36:59 -0500
<urbne3$3hbgp$6@i2pn2.org> <urbq3l$10qd3$1@dont-email.me>
<urbqi4$3hbgp$15@i2pn2.org> <urbu3d$11h9m$1@dont-email.me>
<urd18e$3p054$1@i2pn2.org> <urd2kq$18oc4$1@dont-email.me>
<urd3dj$3p055$3@i2pn2.org> <urd55g$198r3$4@dont-email.me>
<urd5qr$3p055$5@i2pn2.org> <urd6n1$19l47$1@dont-email.me>
<urd7kn$3p055$8@i2pn2.org> <urd8ai$19vrk$2@dont-email.me>
<urd935$3p055$9@i2pn2.org> <urda3e$1ac43$2@dont-email.me>
<urdcg5$3p055$11@i2pn2.org> <urdfkk$1bfgc$4@dont-email.me>
<urdhj1$3p054$8@i2pn2.org> <urdj9a$1cdlf$1@dont-email.me>
<urdmb0$3p054$10@i2pn2.org> <urdnfh$1d3rc$2@dont-email.me>
<urdo79$3p054$12@i2pn2.org> <urdpvo$1dqj6$1@dont-email.me>
<urdsic$3p054$14@i2pn2.org> <urdua6$1eql2$1@dont-email.me>
<urdvj0$3p055$13@i2pn2.org> <ure0ao$1f6k7$1@dont-email.me>
<ure2r3$3p055$15@i2pn2.org> <ure58u$1g4bm$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Richard Damon - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 02:36 UTC

On 2/24/24 8:31 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 2/24/2024 6:49 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> This predicate is defined as a computable function, thus requiring
>>> that a return type be specified.
>>
>> Nope,
>>
>> PREDICATE ==> return type of the predicate is a Truth Value.

>>> The AI mind has no idea what language you are referring to unless told.
>>
>> What AI Mind?
>>
>> Note, that is why I was using the L: qualifier on the statement to
>> define the Language it was expressed in.

>>> You are not negating truth value.
>>> You are negating return value type.
>>
>> NO, I am negating the return VALUE.
>>
>> Do you not understand how expression work.
>>
>> The predicate True() doesn't return a TYPE it returns a VALUE.
>>
>> You are just proving yourself to be Stupid.
>>
>> Stupid("Peter Olcott") is TRUE.

>>> In all of the code that I write the function must be declared.
>>>
>>> More literally:
>>> Boolean True(GUID Language, Text_String S)
>>
>> Right, when you declare the function, not when you USE the function.
>>
>> Note, your example isn't being give "Values" as parameters, but the
>> types and an (optionsal) name for it.

>>> No expression of language is true unless it satisfies some
>>> a criterion measure.
>>
>> And the meaning of "True" in a Formal logic system is defined by the
>> definition of logic.
>
> Not when this proves to be incoherent.
> Incoherence is the only correct way to reject definitions.

You aren't allowed to "reject definitions" in formal logic system

PERIOD.

All you can do is move to a different system.

You have been invited to do this, but you seem to not understand that.

You are just proving you don't understand what you are talking about.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Theoretical suggestion

By: Dan Cross on Fri, 23 Feb 2024

54Dan Cross