From: iul...@nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid (Julien ÉLIE)
Newsgroups: news.admin.hierarchies
Subject: Re: net.* hierarchy
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:39:22 +0200
 by: Julien ÉLIE - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:39 UTC

Hi Rink,

>>> The control.ctl entry for net.* should be updated BTW.  These two URL do
>>> not seem relevant any longer:
>>>     Key URL: http://www.usenet2.org/control@usenet2.org.asc
>>
>> They disappeared about 10 years ago.
>>
>>> Does anyone happen to know if there is still a web site to refer to?
>
> I googled and found this site:
>
> <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/soundness-inn.html>
>
> But I do not understand much of it and I do not know if this is what you
> were looking for.

Thanks for the pointer, I've just read that page I did not know. It
indeed gives more background about Usenet II. Pretty interesting for
historic purpose.
Yet, it was not exactly what I was looking for; this is more a FAQ and
how to configure a news server to carry Usenet II than an official homepage.
It appears from discussions in this thread that such a homepage no
longer exists. RIP.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Open the black window and type text, to fix the network. »

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o net.* hierarchy

By: Jason Evans on Mon, 7 Jun 2021

12Jason Evans