It's always sad when the fleas leave, because that means your dog is dead. -- Wesley T. Williams

computers / comp.sys.raspberry-pi / Re: move /var/log to a RAMDISK

Re: move /var/log to a RAMDISK

<Oe-cnQaXFuF190n5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6895&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#6895

Subject: Re: move /var/log to a RAMDISK
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi,comp.os.linux.misc
<uabr1t$3oqpt$1@dont-email.me> <uadv4a$58da$3@dont-email.me>
<uafsrk$kvms$3@dont-email.me>
<20230805092650.6d5e4fcdf78d5391137092f4@eircom.net>
<ualj88$1nrka$1@dont-email.me>
<20230805152321.4bca9f59bc7180a65487f89d@eircom.net>
<uame45$1ntb9$3@dont-email.me> <uanb82$61nd$1@solani.org>
<uanjs4$25fvd$2@dont-email.me> <uannmu$6aa1$1@solani.org>
<uanpeu$26dmj$1@dont-email.me>
<20230806144112.1be5bbf3d2cdf8cc11ee6e67@eircom.net>
<uaqb1h$2ppb9$1@dont-email.me> <uaqm31$7upv$1@solani.org>
<uaqspr$2skqd$1@dont-email.me> <uar3fe$866s$1@solani.org>
<uar81s$2ui9t$1@dont-email.me> <uasfma$8r7i$1@solani.org>
From: 23k...@bfxw9.net (23k.304)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 00:43:20 -0400
 by: 23k.304 - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 04:43 UTC

On 8/8/23 12:18 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:01:48 +0100) it happened The Natural
> Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote in <uar81s$2ui9t$1@dont-email.me>:
>
>> On 07/08/2023 16:43, Jan Panteltje wrote:

>>> \
>>>
>>> I do seem to remember that it was Russia that freed much of the European continent from the nazis in WW2
>>
>> No, its was the Russians who occupied the countries that Germany had
>> overrun, and committed almost identical atrocities to them.
>> They weren't freed, they just had a different slavemaster.
>
> My father was in the resistance in the Netherlands in WW2.
> He also was a journalist that wrote anti-nazi stuff.
> The Germans put him in a concentration camp.
> He was freed by the brave Russians.
>
> Occupation clear to me these days here is more by US
> The international court of justice in the Hague must now judge on some things says US
> but was not allowed to judge on US war crimes / criminals in Iraq else 'Bush would invade ' (The Netherlands).
> Talk about Mafia, the US is one.
> Just big weapons manufacturers that even supply their own people no end and kill thousand of their
> own people just for sales.
> It designed covid but as always used the far from their bed method and did the experiments in a Chinese lab,
> the same experiments that were considered too dangerous by US DOD itself.
> Faulty a mass murderer as government adviser now still not sentenced to how many lifetimes or the chair.
> So damage China, the competition. backfired now did it not!
> but then they made millions on the vaccines, those kill many too.
> Criminals they, US, are.

>>> It will always be one ant heap against the other, it would only change if we (humming beans)
>>> faced for example a common enemy, say for example an invader from space.
>>
>> Correct. Wars started when we stopped wandering around an hunting and
>> gathering, and started collecting food animals into enclosures.
>> It was always going to be a tough choice between collecting your own
>> animals and fencing them in, which is hard work, or simply taking over
>> someone's place where the hard work was already done, killing the owner
>> and his sons and having fun with the daughters.
>>
>> Its all perfectly rational cost benefit analysis. And the above is a
>> pretty accurate desrciption of Russian behaviour in Ukraine, by all
>> accounts.

>>> Not so, using Russian gas was OK, benefitted both sides.
>> And you don't think that gas came at a price, when the *whole* of the
>> ruling party in Germany had *all* been to Moscow at the Kremlins
>> expense, with all 'entertainments' laid on and a hidden camera in every
>> room?
>>
>> And its a toss up as to whether more Republicans or more democrats are
>> in the pay of, or being blackmailed by the FSB., Or how many
>> organisations like Greenpeace, FOE, Black Lives Matter or any of the
>> rest of them are not indirectly funded and controlled by Russia? The
> [...]

How big of a vodka ration does Putin provide ?

Clue - BIG clue - people don't flee to Russia, they
flee to 'western' countries/USA instead.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o move /var/log to a RAMDISK

By: The Natural Philosop on Sat, 29 Jul 2023

211The Natural Philosopher