Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 15:43:44 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V40 [ persistent
misconception ](no loop)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<T7OdnUPBDYAZeSb8nZ2dnUU7-SfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <spgu1m$7s8$1@dont-email.me>
<bOqdnWEbpcrckSH8nZ2dnUU7-a_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <sphcg3$pe7$1@dont-email.me>
<xZ6dnT_KvPiFNiH8nZ2dnUU7-K3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <87a6gysz3o.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<INKdnePF1sQahiD8nZ2dnUU7-afNnZ2d@giganews.com> <87pmpurbcr.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<99ednXEldd6mrCD8nZ2dnUU7-a_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<S7bvJ.154619$qz4.121478@fx97.iad>
<l6GdnVYpY4p82yD8nZ2dnUU7-S_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<NWbvJ.113556$7D4.95538@fx37.iad>
<qrSdnYR_xeAy0yD8nZ2dnUU7-VvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<7FcvJ.100352$SR4.25602@fx43.iad>
<vOidnXzZr5xuxCD8nZ2dnUU7-e3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<IidvJ.100353$SR4.42684@fx43.iad>
<SuidnaiP_rJY_iD8nZ2dnUU7-QnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<sgjvJ.65652$Gco3.15548@fx01.iad>
<x-KdnYuWjefEqyP8nZ2dnUU7-RnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ocrvJ.149639$3q9.3945@fx47.iad>
<sLGdnfmzLdXd1SP8nZ2dnUU7-QHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <splids$d91$1@dont-email.me>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 21:43 UTC

On 12/18/2021 3:04 PM, André G. Isaak wrote:

>>> But H^ DOESN'T have different behavior inside of H than outside, and
>>> thus neither does its representation.
>>>
>>> H^ ALWAYS does the opposite of what the copy of H says it will do,
>>> whether it is being decided by H or not.
>>>

>> The actual behavior of UTM(⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩) of the actual input to to Ĥ.qx is
>> the only thing that this computable function is accountable for.
>>
>> Actual computer scientists would know this.
>
> Actual computer scientists would know that the claim that there is a
> computable function at Ĥ.qx is incoherent nonsense.
>
> André

98% of them would simply assume that I must be wrong and dismiss what I
say out-of-hand without complete review.

Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy // infinite loop removed
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn

The infinite loop has been removed because the behavior of the input to
UTM(⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩) applied to the input to Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ is the same with or
without this infinite loop.

Actual computer scientists would know that computable function deciders
are only accountable for mapping their actual inputs to an accept /
reject states.

They would consistently remember that no computable function can ever be
judged on the basis of the behavior of non-inputs.

They would have to carefully study that in the case of a halt decider
this means that the halt status decision must have the behavior of
UTM(⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩) applied to the actual input of the halt decider as its
ultimate basis.

The above sentence is the crux of my whole proof. Paraphrase:

The actual behavior of the pure simulation of the input to every
simulating halt decider is the ultimate halt deciding basis of every
simulating halt decider applied to every input pair.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V40 [ persistent

By: olcott on Sat, 18 Dec 2021

0olcott