Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 22:37:59 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ error or
dishonesty ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<9k4IJ.15452$jb4.2046@fx24.iad>
<SNudnYZfaZX6Tm38nZ2dnUU7-I3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <LMaIJ.8332$V31.330@fx47.iad>
<hsCdneOV_eybwGz8nZ2dnUU7-KPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <xalIJ.8632$rQ.8159@fx18.iad>
<r8OdnZwzO4tUf2z8nZ2dnUU7-SnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <eXlIJ.16438$2W.334@fx36.iad>
<zIKdnXB_n-rDbWz8nZ2dnUU7-enNnZ2d@giganews.com> <0wmIJ.176$XDR2.80@fx02.iad>
<37adnXNhdcJynW_8nZ2dnUU7-d3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<csnIJ.19295$OU.5598@fx22.iad>
<vvWdnWkD_aAWm2_8nZ2dnUU7-UHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <N9oIJ.384$N31.159@fx45.iad>
<PaqdncLyCYZdhW_8nZ2dnUU7-evNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<JToIJ.296644$1d1.101887@fx99.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 04:37 UTC

On 1/26/2022 10:07 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> It seems you don't understand the difference between capabilities and
>>> requirements.
>>>
>>> H is only CAPABLE of deciding based on what it can do. It can only
>>> computate a mapping based on what it actually can do.
>>>
>>> It is REQUIRED to meet its requirements, which is to decide on the
>>> behavior of what its input would do if given to a UTM.
>>>

>> embedded_H must only determine whether or not is simulated input can
>> ever reach its final state in any finite number of steps.
>>

> Again, you seem to be lying about working on the Halting Problem and
> Linz proof.
>
> If you were working on the Halting Problem and Linz proof then
> embedded_H would be identical to H, as required by Linz, and the correct
> answer for the 'behavior' of the input to embedded_H <H^> <H^> would be
> the behavior of UTM(<H^>,<H^>) which if embedded_H goes to H.Qn then we
> know that H^ will go to H^.Qn and Halt, and thus H/embedded_H going to
> H.Qn is incorrect.
>
> So, you are just admitting that you are lying or are too stupid to
> understan what you are talking about.
>
> Which is it?

I will not tolerate any digression from the point at hand until we have
mutual agreement. This is verified as completely true entirely on the
basis of the meaning of its words:

embedded_H must only determine whether or not its simulated input can
ever reach its final state in any finite number of steps.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Jan 2022

56olcott