Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 21:23:01 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V59 [ self-evident
truth ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<staa42$dgq$1@dont-email.me> <wv2KJ.25296$tW.1549@fx39.iad>
<b_SdnVRGB-GdK2X8nZ2dnUU7-YPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<4L2KJ.23685$jb1.8458@fx46.iad>
<rv2dnc__PYfMJ2X8nZ2dnUU7-WHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<Pu3KJ.19025$mS1.14927@fx10.iad>
<H7mdnTXm59-szWT8nZ2dnUU7-bvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<493efce8-cf20-4271-8f47-2858fa3812efn@googlegroups.com>
<1eqdnSCcgMlI4GT8nZ2dnUU7-LPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<4e7f9c66-8852-4bb7-b913-e94a1a174120n@googlegroups.com>
<D5OdnUegTcZCOmT8nZ2dnUU7-TXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<835fc384-dc10-4215-b61f-72dc9b42089en@googlegroups.com>
<AJidnaw87NhNLGT8nZ2dnUU7-U3NnZ2d@giganews.com> <KbkKJ.672$Tr18.91@fx42.iad>
<E_6dnfF5JpXmRWT8nZ2dnUU7-fPNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<2ilKJ.5793$t2Bb.4750@fx98.iad>
<D_CdnZ6qbPsHf2T8nZ2dnUU7-YvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<zwlKJ.3364$979a.3158@fx14.iad>
<ydWdnbuAithrdWT8nZ2dnUU7-KfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <ZUlKJ.506$Rza5.3@fx47.iad>
<vsudneA4J4TAcmT8nZ2dnUU7-IHNnZ2d@giganews.com> <uimKJ.4$f2a5.0@fx48.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 03:23 UTC

On 2/1/2022 8:48 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Then you can provide a step by step proof of it?

>>> And what are your X, Y and Z?

>>> *IF* it correct recognizes. Since there is no pattern in H's
>>> simulation of <H^> <H^> THAT IS a proof of non-halting
>> You must be a liar.
>>
>> Then these steps would keep repeating:
>>     Ĥ1 copies its input ⟨Ĥ2⟩ to ⟨Ĥ3⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ2⟩ ⟨Ĥ3⟩
>>     Ĥ2 copies its input ⟨Ĥ3⟩ to ⟨Ĥ4⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ3⟩ ⟨Ĥ4⟩
>>     Ĥ3 copies its input ⟨Ĥ4⟩ to ⟨Ĥ5⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ4⟩
>> ⟨Ĥ5⟩...
>
> But if H <H^> <H^> -> H.Qn aften N steps, then it is also true that the
> computation H1 <H^> <H^> -> H.Qn after N steps and the pattern ends.

This is a woeful lack of basic software engineering skill on your part.
When a process is terminated by the operating system no aspect of this
process continues to execute at all.

embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩. When it kills its simulation every
simulation that was simulated by any level of ⟨Ĥ⟩ is also immediately
killed off because its parent process has been terminated.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V52 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Jan 2022

56olcott