Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 19:52:31 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<stpa86$hib$1@dont-email.me> <UgWLJ.9101$GjY3.7596@fx01.iad>
<o6OdnWcKZpf-qJ3_nZ2dnUU7-YXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<feXLJ.39132$%uX7.7402@fx38.iad>
<2aydnRLgIrPLEZ3_nZ2dnUU7-bHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<hU0MJ.10309$r6p7.7703@fx41.iad>
<suidnekM1sLLPZ3_nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<AF7MJ.13063$ZmJ7.6019@fx06.iad>
<xNmdnQ0SX4BKrpz_nZ2dnUU7-S3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<9biMJ.10134$Wdl5.2747@fx44.iad>
<SvednUS4Te7mX5z_nZ2dnUU7-bHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<HEjMJ.6348$979a.2933@fx14.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 01:52 UTC

On 2/7/2022 7:26 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> And if it doesn't do an infinite number, the H^ that is using it will
>>> Halt,
>>
>> embedded_H only examines the actual behavior of its inputs as if its
>> was a guard assigned to watch the front. If someone comes in the back
>> door (non-inputs) embedded_H is not even allowed to pay attention.
>>

> If the 'actual behavior' of the input <H^> <H^> is not the behavior of
> H^ applied to <H^> you are lying about doing the Halting Problem.

If it is true that the simulated input to embedded_H cannot possibly
ever reach its final state of ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn, then nothing in the universe can
possibly contradict the fact that the input specifies a non-halting
sequences of configurations. If God himself said otherwise then God
himself would be a liar.

If we know that we have a black cat then we know that we have a cat.

If we know that we have a sequence of configurations that cannot
possibly ever reach its final state then we know that we have a
non-halting sequence of configurations.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sun, 6 Feb 2022

57olcott