Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 07:13:12 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<stpa86$hib$1@dont-email.me> <UgWLJ.9101$GjY3.7596@fx01.iad>
<o6OdnWcKZpf-qJ3_nZ2dnUU7-YXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<feXLJ.39132$%uX7.7402@fx38.iad>
<2aydnRLgIrPLEZ3_nZ2dnUU7-bHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<hU0MJ.10309$r6p7.7703@fx41.iad>
<suidnekM1sLLPZ3_nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<AF7MJ.13063$ZmJ7.6019@fx06.iad>
<xNmdnQ0SX4BKrpz_nZ2dnUU7-S3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<9biMJ.10134$Wdl5.2747@fx44.iad>
<SvednUS4Te7mX5z_nZ2dnUU7-bHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<HEjMJ.6348$979a.2933@fx14.iad>
<EPSdnZqQs6B9UZz_nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<7ckMJ.40194$%uX7.13960@fx38.iad> <stsv18$6e3$1@dont-email.me>
<2UsMJ.18969$3jp8.698@fx33.iad> <stu2kf$4hg$1@dont-email.me>
<lyDMJ.18606$z688.8500@fx35.iad>
<NeednRc4XuPYlp7_nZ2dnUU7-VXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<AXEMJ.6305$4vG9.2509@fx19.iad>
<OFydnQVyE80muZ7_nZ2dnZeNn_XNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<udOMJ.5581$0vE9.5549@fx17.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:13 UTC

On 2/9/2022 6:13 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> You really like to make you Herrings Red, don't you.
>>>
>>> REMEMBER, the DEFINTION of a Halt Decider is that H applied to wM w
>>> is based on the behavior of M applied to w.
>>>
>>> YOU are the one making the wrong report.
>>
>> When anyone in the universe defines something besides the actual
>> behavior specified by the input to embedded_H as the only correct halt
>> status criterion measure that might as well say that cats are not
>> animals.
>>

> Just shows your problem in comprehension, doesn't it. You just refuse to
> accept the definition because it doesn't match your idea of what you need.
>
> Note, 'The Actual Behavior specifeid by the input' IS precisly defined,
> and it IS the behavior that the input specifes, The input to the decider
> is the description of a computation, and the actual behavior sepecified
> by the input is by defintion the behavior of that computation that the
> input describes.
>
> YOU are the one that wants to change it to not be the behavior specified
> by the input, but the behavior of the program that is processing the
> input. YOUR definition of the behavior has the problem that the behavior
> is no longer just specified by 'the input' but is also a function of
> what program you give that input to.
>
> Your logic is just not sound, and sometimes I wonder how sound your mind
> is.
>
> This statement of your just shows how you have lost touch with the
> reality of the situation. You seem to think the Univese must be wrong
> because it doesn't match your expectations. THAT is a sign of mental
> illness.
>
> FAIL.

Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn

If embedded_H correctly matches this pattern
Then these steps would keep repeating:
Ĥ1 copies its input ⟨Ĥ2⟩ to ⟨Ĥ3⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ2⟩ ⟨Ĥ3⟩
Ĥ2 copies its input ⟨Ĥ3⟩ to ⟨Ĥ4⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ3⟩ ⟨Ĥ4⟩
Ĥ3 copies its input ⟨Ĥ4⟩ to ⟨Ĥ5⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ4⟩ ⟨Ĥ5⟩...

In three iterations or less then this indicates that a UTM at Ĥ.qx
simulating ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ would never reach ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn.

This means that a correct pure simulation of ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ never reaches its
final state of ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn thus ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ specifies a sequence of
configurations that never halt.

At this point after the above infinite behavior pattern has been matched
in a finite number of steps then embedded_H stops its simulation and
transitions to Ĥ.qn.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sun, 6 Feb 2022

57olcott