Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 10:31:05 -0600
Subject: Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ misconceptions
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<NeednRc4XuPYlp7_nZ2dnUU7-VXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<AXEMJ.6305$4vG9.2509@fx19.iad>
<OFydnQVyE80muZ7_nZ2dnZeNn_XNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<udOMJ.5581$0vE9.5549@fx17.iad>
<A4SdnauKG-d0IJ7_nZ2dnUU7-RHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<4mPMJ.19776$iK66.4863@fx46.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 16:31 UTC

On 2/9/2022 7:30 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

> On 2/9/22 8:13 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> Just shows your problem in comprehension, doesn't it. You just refuse
>>> to accept the definition because it doesn't match your idea of what
>>> you need.
>>>
>>> Note, 'The Actual Behavior specifeid by the input' IS precisly
>>> defined, and it IS the behavior that the input specifes, The input to
>>> the decider is the description of a computation, and the actual
>>> behavior sepecified by the input is by defintion the behavior of that
>>> computation that the input describes.
>>>
>>> YOU are the one that wants to change it to not be the behavior
>>> specified by the input, but the behavior of the program that is
>>> processing the input. YOUR definition of the behavior has the problem
>>> that the behavior is no longer just specified by 'the input' but is
>>> also a function of what program you give that input to.
>>>
>>> Your logic is just not sound, and sometimes I wonder how sound your
>>> mind is.
>>>
>>> This statement of your just shows how you have lost touch with the
>>> reality of the situation. You seem to think the Univese must be wrong
>>> because it doesn't match your expectations. THAT is a sign of mental
>>> illness.
>>>
>>> FAIL.
>>
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
> IF H <H^> <H^> -> H.Qy which it is supposed to do if H^ <H^> Will Halt.
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn
> IF H <H^> <H^> -> H.Qn which it is supposed to do if H^ <H^> will never
> Halt.
>
> you keep forgetting the conditions, which are important.
Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ is an entirely different sequence of configurations
than embedded_H applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ therefore embedded_H can transition
to Ĥ.qn causing Ĥ to transition to Ĥ.qn without contradiction.

Like the guard that is only accountable for guarding the front door
simulating halt decider embedded_H is only accountable for reporting
whether or not its simulated input can possibly reach its own final
state ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn.

The guard is not even allowed to watch the back door because this takes
his attention off guarding the front door. In this same way embedded_H
is not even allowed to examine the behavior of anything else besides the
actual behavior specified by its actual inputs.

embedded_H is explicitly prohibited from reporting on the behavior of
the computation that it is contained within: Ĥ applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩.

Learned by rote from textbook people will never understand this because
it requires a deeper understanding that they do not even realize that
they do not have.

Someone with a PhD in computer science specializing in the theory of
computation will understand. Everyone else simply resorts to their
misconceptions never realizing that they are misconceptions.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V62 [ Linz Proof ]

By: olcott on Sun, 6 Feb 2022

57olcott