Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 22:05:15 -0600
Subject: Re: Reasoning from first principles
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<W_udnZVYeN8Ny4n_nZ2dnUU7-QOdnZ2d@giganews.com> <sv1lod$t7c$1@dont-email.me>
<sv1n66$pr1$1@dont-email.me> <sv1ode$1uqm$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<sv1p4f$u7q$1@dont-email.me> <sv1pc2$2vc$1@dont-email.me>
<VWZQJ.24028$jxu4.7636@fx02.iad> <sv1qr4$u1e$1@dont-email.me>
<Ko4RJ.24035$jxu4.14192@fx02.iad>
<Op6dnbScpb8NqYj_nZ2dnUU7-cXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<9NeRJ.8939$3Pje.4432@fx09.iad>
<d_OdnQU3RsP4F4j_nZ2dnUU7-UnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<BmgRJ.29877$dln7.20087@fx03.iad>
<IpmdnfFa7dl5C4j_nZ2dnUU7-L3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<wWgRJ.71119$Lbb6.14990@fx45.iad>
<aa2dnQH81cd9AIj_nZ2dnUU7-Q3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ofhRJ.85543$Gojc.71659@fx99.iad>
<gaudnSAhZIr2OYj_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<z5iRJ.20095$jwf9.18451@fx24.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 04:05 UTC

On 2/22/2022 9:45 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Which means that
>>
>> The simulation of ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ can't possibly reach ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn because it is
>> infinitely recursive.
>>

> Then H can't have aborted its simulation, so it didn't answer, and it
> FAILED.
_Infinite_Loop()
[00000946](01) 55 push ebp
[00000947](02) 8bec mov ebp,esp
[00000949](02) ebfe jmp 00000949
[0000094b](01) 5d pop ebp
[0000094c](01) c3 ret
Size in bytes:(0007) [0000094c]

That is the same freaking moronic thing you always say as if the only
way to tell that the above specifies an infinite loop is to run it and
wait forever.

Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn

When Ĥ is applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩
Ĥ copies its input ⟨Ĥ1⟩ to ⟨Ĥ2⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ1⟩ ⟨Ĥ2⟩

Then embedded_H sees that these steps would keep repeating:
Ĥ1 copies its input ⟨Ĥ2⟩ to ⟨Ĥ3⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ2⟩ ⟨Ĥ3⟩
// RIGHT HERE
Ĥ2 copies its input ⟨Ĥ3⟩ to ⟨Ĥ4⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ3⟩ ⟨Ĥ4⟩
Ĥ3 copies its input ⟨Ĥ4⟩ to ⟨Ĥ5⟩ then embedded_H simulates ⟨Ĥ4⟩ ⟨Ĥ5⟩...

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Reasoning from first principles

By: olcott on Tue, 22 Feb 2022