Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:23:02 -0600
Subject: Re: Reasoning from first principles [ liar ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<W_udnZVYeN8Ny4n_nZ2dnUU7-QOdnZ2d@giganews.com> <sv1lod$t7c$1@dont-email.me>
<sv1n66$pr1$1@dont-email.me> <sv1ode$1uqm$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<sv1p4f$u7q$1@dont-email.me> <sv1pc2$2vc$1@dont-email.me>
<VWZQJ.24028$jxu4.7636@fx02.iad> <sv1qr4$u1e$1@dont-email.me>
<Ko4RJ.24035$jxu4.14192@fx02.iad>
<Op6dnbScpb8NqYj_nZ2dnUU7-cXNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<9NeRJ.8939$3Pje.4432@fx09.iad>
<d_OdnQU3RsP4F4j_nZ2dnUU7-UnNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<BmgRJ.29877$dln7.20087@fx03.iad>
<IpmdnfFa7dl5C4j_nZ2dnUU7-L3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<wWgRJ.71119$Lbb6.14990@fx45.iad>
<aa2dnQH81cd9AIj_nZ2dnUU7-Q3NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ofhRJ.85543$Gojc.71659@fx99.iad>
<gaudnSAhZIr2OYj_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<z5iRJ.20095$jwf9.18451@fx24.iad>
<_vKdnfCeZ_HhL4j_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<rviRJ.72918$iK66.38683@fx46.iad> <sv6fsf$mbj$1@dont-email.me>
<5UzRJ.39680$r6p7.38072@fx41.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 00:23 UTC

On 2/23/2022 6:00 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> This doesn't present the pattern you just claim, so you just
>>> committed that fallacy of the Red Herring.
>>>

>> If you can't tell that the above is very obviously an infinite loop
>> you are far too ignorant to have any chance of providing anything
>> close to an accurate review of my work.
>>

> You keep up that Fallacious And Invalid Logic and some day someone might
> beleive you.
>
> I NEVER said that it is impossible to detect SOME infinite loops.
>
> I said that H can't correctly detect an infinite loop in H^ and abort
> its simulation to report it, because in doing so H breaks the loop so it
> doesn't exist.

That is freaking nuts.

Just like a compiler that stops compiling when there are compile errors
a halt decider stops simulating when there are infinite execution
errors. You can't be that stupid so you must be a liar.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Reasoning from first principles

By: olcott on Tue, 22 Feb 2022