Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:29:53 -0600
Subject: Re: Reasoning from first principles [ PSR ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<5N2dnZXJZs51Uov_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<BtARJ.24029$0vE9.23921@fx17.iad>
<bMCdnX7o3ozCbov_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<AMCRJ.10225$WZCa.4125@fx08.iad>
<36Gdnd32hdJrnYr_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<UoDRJ.73225$iK66.42478@fx46.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 15:29 UTC

On 2/23/2022 9:59 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Which it can only do if it NEVER aborts, because if embedded_H (and
>>> thus H) goes to H.Qn then H^ also goes to H^.Qn and Halts.
>>>
>>> You keep forgetting this.
>>
>> I really don't have any black cats in my living room.
>> Sure you do I can prove that you have a white dog in your kitchen.
>>
>> Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn has nothing to do with the simulated ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ going to
>> ⟨Ĥ⟩.qn
>
> Then you aren't working on the Halting problem and are just a
> pathological liar.
>

>> Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩ directly depends on embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ terminating its simulation.

If embedded_H never aborted its input then Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩ would transition to
Ĥ.qn ???

>> embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ does not directly depend on the behavior of Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩
>> at all.
>>

> WRONG.
It is never the case that any decider ever depends on any non-input.
That you don't know this proves that you simply don't know enough
computer science.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Reasoning from first principles

By: olcott on Tue, 22 Feb 2022