From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet,news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: Ongoing flood from Neodome
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:48:45 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:48 UTC

In article <alpine.OSX.2.20.2106092125210.72281@mako.ath.cx>,
David Ritz <dritz@mindspring.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, 09 June 2021 06:00 -0000,
> in article <s9pldp$t8j$1@neodome.net>,
> Neodome Admin <admin@neodome.net> wrote:
>
>> David Ritz <dritz@mindspring.com> writes:
>
>> > On Saturday, 05 June 2021 12:57 -0000,
>> > in article <s9fsc2$tk6$1@neodome.net>,
>> > Neodome Admin <admin@neodome.net> wrote:
>
>> > On Saturday, 05 June 2021 12:57 -0000, Neodome Admin wrote:
>
>> > [...]
>
>>> Your assumptions are bad and your clairvoyance quotient sucks, as
>>> does mine. What I read or don't read is quite irrelevant to the
>>> problem.
>
>> You're correct. But you were not correct when you claimed that it's
>> impossible to filter it on the client side.
>
>You are putting words in my mouth^W fingers. I never claimed it was
>impossible to filter. When you recommended client side filtering as a
>solution, I replied:
>
><quote>
> Network abuse is not a client side issue. Please take action to
> mitigate this NewsAgent spew.
></quote>
>
>I stand by my words. Your loose interpretation is an outright
>misrepresentation of the exchange. You assume too much, while
>ignoring the the heart of the matter entirely. Only by making
>patently false assertions are you able to try to deflect from the
>issue of network abuse, through a quite lame attempt at deflection.
>
>>> Your recommendation of filtering shifts responsibility dealing with
>>> the issues surrounding network abuse instances originating from
>>> news.neodome.net. Man up and take responsibility for the problems
>>> you and the implementation of your philosophy invite.
>
>> Are there any, really?
>
>Are there any what? Responsibilities?
>
>Indeed, as it was your recommendation of client side filtering, as a
>solution, which prompted me into this discussion. Your failure to
>respond immediately upon notification, to shut down the attack, and
>instead attempting to shift responsibility to the operators of every
>NNTP node on the network, and to their users, is the subject at hand.
>
>> Pretty much all Usenet servers use cleanfeed, and there are very
>> simple settings over there:
>
>Please see my header comment regarding assumptions. Your assumptions
>are quite simply fallacious. The result of basing your arguments upon
>false premises renders them moot. Your assertion regarding the
>ubiquity of INN demonstrates a quite parochial perspective and
>provincial attitude.
>
>Many servers running INN also run cleanfeed. How well maintained they
>are, on any particular site, is open to conjecture.
>
>Too few other NNTP server software solutions are devised to
>accommodate cleanfeed. Are you aware, for example, there are still
>people out there, who run Microsoft news server enterprise solution
>software? These things respond to only the most minimal of NNTP
>commands. They do not even support queries of any type.
>
>Do you understand that where many ISPs used to provide NNTP services
> [...]

Here is the lastest

Unwanted sites in Path [Top 20]:
Site Count
news.neodome.net 827

TOTAL: 1 827

FYI.

The pursuit of irresponsibility makes pain a necessity. -unknown

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Ongiong flood from Neodome

By: David Ritz on Thu, 3 Jun 2021

42David Ritz