Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 11:12:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6 [ behavior of
simulated input ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<87o81t7p38.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <l5CdnUky8dlluqP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87h77l5q77.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <Ls6dnddWaYjhEqP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ALB%J.178787$4JN7.142630@fx05.iad>
<hsSdnfUjQNnSkqL_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<xiE%J.327604$f2a5.191278@fx48.iad>
<1u-dnbNhjYtZjKL_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<wuE%J.307054$Gojc.249751@fx99.iad>
<fLGdnfi3FZ5ThaL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<mXE%J.442615$mF2.395608@fx11.iad>
<ycOdncr-2vwQgqL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<vQF%J.442634$mF2.255243@fx11.iad>
<crKdnbGMoYgZraL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<2DG%J.351996$t2Bb.11414@fx98.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 16:12 UTC

On 3/26/2022 10:50 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 3/26/22 11:25 AM, olcott wrote:

>>> Right Finite strings have no behavior.
>>>
>>> The behavior the decider needs to decide on is the Turing Machine the
>>> input is a representation of.
>>>

>> The behavior of the UTM simulation of the input is the behavior that
>> this input specifies. That the input simulated by a UTM would never
>> reach its final state conclusively proves that this input specifies a
>> non-halting sequence of configurations.
>
> except that if H <H^> <H^> -> Qn, then H^ <H^> and UTM <H^> <H^> will
> also gp tp H^.Qn and halt, so your claim is a LIE.
>
> Eitehr you LIE that your deicder said its input was non-halting, or you
> LIE that simulation does not reach a final state.
>
> You can't use two different version of H/embedded_H here.

>>> Right, the behavior of the ACTUAL Turing Machine, which can also be
>>> obtained by the simulation with a UTM

>>> NOT 'by embedded_H' but by a UTM. Wrong Definition.
>>>

>> By the UTM aspect of embedded_H because the simulation must occur at
>> the same point (in the middle) of Ĥ where embedded_H is located.
>
> Nope!!!
>
> It is the INDEPENDENT running of UTM <H^> <H^>.

THAT IS FALSE THERE IS A KEY DEPENDENCY !!!
THAT IS FALSE THERE IS A KEY DEPENDENCY !!!
THAT IS FALSE THERE IS A KEY DEPENDENCY !!!

The invocation of Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩ is the first invocation in what would otherwise
be infinite recursion.

Its normal behavior depends on a subsequent invocation being aborted.

If a subsequent invocation is never aborted then the recursion remains
infinite.

In any case the simulated input never reaches the final state of this
simulated input. The final state of the simulated input is ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6

By: olcott on Fri, 25 Mar 2022

102olcott