Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 11:48:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6 [ behavior of
simulated input ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<87o81t7p38.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <l5CdnUky8dlluqP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<87h77l5q77.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <Ls6dnddWaYjhEqP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ALB%J.178787$4JN7.142630@fx05.iad>
<hsSdnfUjQNnSkqL_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<xiE%J.327604$f2a5.191278@fx48.iad>
<1u-dnbNhjYtZjKL_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<wuE%J.307054$Gojc.249751@fx99.iad>
<fLGdnfi3FZ5ThaL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<mXE%J.442615$mF2.395608@fx11.iad>
<ycOdncr-2vwQgqL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<vQF%J.442634$mF2.255243@fx11.iad>
<crKdnbGMoYgZraL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<2DG%J.351996$t2Bb.11414@fx98.iad>
<ybOdnfbSooXGpqL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<vhH%J.172112$jxu4.14591@fx02.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 16:48 UTC

On 3/26/2022 11:35 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

> On 3/26/22 12:12 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> except that if H <H^> <H^> -> Qn, then H^ <H^> and UTM <H^> <H^> will
>>> also gp tp H^.Qn and halt, so your claim is a LIE.
>>>
>>> Eitehr you LIE that your deicder said its input was non-halting, or
>>> you LIE that simulation does not reach a final state.
>>>
>>> You can't use two different version of H/embedded_H here.

>>> Nope!!!
>>>
>>> It is the INDEPENDENT running of UTM <H^> <H^>.
>>>

>> THAT IS FALSE THERE IS A KEY DEPENDENCY !!!
>> THAT IS FALSE THERE IS A KEY DEPENDENCY !!!
>> THAT IS FALSE THERE IS A KEY DEPENDENCY !!!
>>
>> The invocation of Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩ is the first invocation in what would
>> otherwise be infinite recursion.
>>
>> Its normal behavior depends on a subsequent invocation being aborted.
>>
>> If a subsequent invocation is never aborted then the recursion remains
>> infinite.
>>
>> In any case the simulated input never reaches the final state of this
>> simulated input. The final state of the simulated input is ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩.
>>

> Nope, ALL Copies of the same machine given the same input behave the same.

There is never any case where the simulated input reaches its own final
state ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩.

> If you want to refute that, provide and ACTUAL coded example.
>
> H^ applied to <H^> -> H^.Qn and Halts and UTM <H^> <H^> goes to <H^>.Qn
> and Halts if H/embedded_H -> Qn, and if H doesn't, it fails to be a
> decider, so is wrong either way.

Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩ and embedded_H both reach their final state of Ĥ.qn and halt.

The simulated input: ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to embedded_H never reaches its own final
state ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6

By: olcott on Fri, 25 Mar 2022

102olcott