Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 21:17:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6 [ behavior of
simulated input ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<Z8M%J.460425$7F2.289856@fx12.iad>
<25idnTJaOcj_DaL_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<xrM%J.200932$41E7.35420@fx37.iad>
<L9adnc_GeOHhCKL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<ULM%J.476965$LN2.458550@fx13.iad>
<5eKdncAg973cAKL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<eoN%J.621846$aT3.382669@fx09.iad>
<faWdnaEsdtvmOaL_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<bJN%J.308438$Gojc.115820@fx99.iad>
<RtadnX7vkbEqNaL_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<jnO%J.622188$aT3.602745@fx09.iad>
<GqednV8yKKvKJaL_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<v5P%J.413740$SeK9.96351@fx97.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 02:17 UTC

On 3/26/2022 8:28 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> RED HERRING. Category error. (Since you claim embedded_H USES the
>>> UTM, your case in non-applicable).
>>>
>> If embedded_H uses its UTM to simulate one state transition at a time
>> of its input then each of these state transitions are simulated
>> correctly.
>>

> The step maybe, the MACHINE, NO.
>
> Definition of Correct Simulation, behaves IDENTICAL to the original
> machine.
>
> Means can not 'abort' the simulation.
>
> FAIL.

If a simulating halt decider cannot abort an otherwise infinite
simulation then you are artificially requiring it to be wrong where it
would otherwise be correct.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6

By: olcott on Fri, 25 Mar 2022

102olcott