Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:28:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6 [ out-of-scope ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<-pOdnYW9PIsFdd3_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<53215784-cfcf-4e63-9ea4-9d78688c817bn@googlegroups.com>
<3LSdnWGkG-Cjdt3_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<24de03eb-983a-4e0c-b394-5ebb55d83aean@googlegroups.com>
<y_6dnQnpmJOkbd3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<Nk60K.172133$jxu4.163968@fx02.iad>
<cvqdnfBYlfw-b93_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<481a9521-446c-4b14-9f29-d6dcdf6b8be6n@googlegroups.com>
<RpqdnY4YHp2maN3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<wQ60K.195069$4JN7.95780@fx05.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 00:28 UTC

On 3/27/2022 6:56 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 3/27/22 7:37 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> So in other words H3a is not simulating for enough steps?
>>>

>> TRY AND FIND ANY ERROR IN THESE EXACT WORDS:
>> As long as the simulated input to embedded_H could never reach its
>> final state in any finite number of steps of correct simulation by
>> embedded_H then its rejection of this input is necessarily correct.
>

> Like, you need to use THE ACTUAL DEFINITION OF WHAT H IS SUPPOSED TO DO?

That is out-of-scope. You must find an error in my exact words and
explain why it is an error, otherwise we get stuck talking in circles
that are various shades of the strawman error.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6

By: olcott on Fri, 25 Mar 2022

102olcott