Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:36:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.math,sci.logic
<3LSdnWGkG-Cjdt3_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<24de03eb-983a-4e0c-b394-5ebb55d83aean@googlegroups.com>
<y_6dnQnpmJOkbd3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<Nk60K.172133$jxu4.163968@fx02.iad>
<cvqdnfBYlfw-b93_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<481a9521-446c-4b14-9f29-d6dcdf6b8be6n@googlegroups.com>
<RpqdnY4YHp2maN3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<wQ60K.195069$4JN7.95780@fx05.iad>
<uMednc_IXugrYt3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<Zn70K.636151$aT3.227980@fx09.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 00:36 UTC

On 3/27/2022 7:33 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Like, you need to use THE ACTUAL DEFINITION OF WHAT H IS SUPPOSED TO DO?
>> That is out-of-scope. You must find an error in my exact words and
>> explain why it is an error, otherwise we get stuck talking in circles
>> that are various shades of the strawman error.
>>

> The error in your words is that you don't use the right defintion of
> Halting,

So in other words you disagree with Linz:

computation that halts … the Turing machine will halt whenever it enters
a final state. (Linz:1990:234)

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6

By: olcott on Fri, 25 Mar 2022

102olcott