From: polco...@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6 [ out-of-scope ]
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:03:40 -0500
<y_6dnQnpmJOkbd3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<Nk60K.172133$jxu4.163968@fx02.iad>
<cvqdnfBYlfw-b93_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<481a9521-446c-4b14-9f29-d6dcdf6b8be6n@googlegroups.com>
<RpqdnY4YHp2maN3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<wQ60K.195069$4JN7.95780@fx05.iad>
<uMednc_IXugrYt3_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<Zn70K.636151$aT3.227980@fx09.iad>
<RuydnfSISIdun9z_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
<XD70K.218978$H_t7.27670@fx40.iad>
 by: olcott - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 01:03 UTC

On 3/27/2022 7:51 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> The error in your words is that you don't use the right defintion of
>>> Halting,
>>
>> So in other words you disagree with Linz:
>>
>> computation that halts … the Turing machine will halt whenever it
>> enters a final state. (Linz:1990:234)
>>

> Nope, I agree with him, and he says look at the direct execution of the
> machine,

Ah so you believe that Linz does not accept that the direct execution of
Turing machine is computationally equivalent to the UTM simulation of
the Turing machine description of this same machine.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6

By: olcott on Fri, 25 Mar 2022

102olcott