Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:53:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6 [ strawman error
][ measured behavior ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<091a301c-3a82-4d36-8937-66455548aadcn@googlegroups.com>
<tfOdnf9x7OwUEtn_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<1b927597-665d-41c6-9811-e2bc6611b575n@googlegroups.com>
<qpSdnY_YTbj1Dtn_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<c3910bb2-a917-40db-afec-f2a2da5627e3n@googlegroups.com>
<H_2dnezksswfKNn_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<e68d3c44-9bf4-489d-961f-1a6110488457n@googlegroups.com>
<mqadnY3_eYf4INn_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 20:53 UTC

On 3/30/2022 3:28 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/30/2022 3:10 PM, Dennis Bush wrote:

>>> HHH always simulates its input until it has proof that its simulated
>>> input never reaches its own final state or its simulated input reaches
>>> its own final state.
>>>
>>> Try and find an input that HHH does not decide correctly, everything
>>> else is merely a deceitful attempt to get away with the strawman error.
>>
>> Assuming HHH is Ha
>
> We absolutely do not assume that.
> We only assume that HHH has the proeperties shown above.

// NO INFINITE LOOP
// NO INFINITE LOOP
// NO INFINITE LOOP
Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy // NO INFINITE LOOP
If the pure simulation of ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ by embedded_H would reach its final
state.

Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qx ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn
If the pure simulation of ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ by embedded_H would never reach its
final state.

Both embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ and H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ transition to their final reject
state as soon as they see an identical copy of embedded_H being
simulated with identical input.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refuting the Peter Linz Halting Problem Proof V6

By: olcott on Fri, 25 Mar 2022

102olcott