If Machiavelli were a programmer, he'd have worked for AT&T.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Is this correct Prolog?

Re: Is this correct Prolog?

<34ZbK.18092$h6X.14491@fx04.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8606&group=comp.ai.philosophy#8606

Subject: Re: Is this correct Prolog?
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,comp.lang.prolog
<d9KdnQdt_bnfTPP_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <t4mjq0$7nf$1@dont-email.me>
<hYKdnb4ZyYB0RfP_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <t4mmmg$t4u$1@dont-email.me>
<APOdndfNnIH7ffP_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <t4mnu6$96k$1@dont-email.me>
<GYmdnUXY8oBkfvP_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <t4moi2$cct$1@dont-email.me>
<Z6edncOlEsUXevP_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <t4mr1h$1q0$1@dont-email.me>
<SJGdnZf-9cUobfP_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <t4mrsh$871$1@dont-email.me>
<Q56dnS17EP9PnvL_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<xxDbK.161779$Kdf.72054@fx96.iad> <t4n275$mr8$1@dont-email.me>
<2zEbK.452500$t2Bb.336668@fx98.iad> <t4nabt$5s4$2@dont-email.me>
<CwGbK.162528$Kdf.21366@fx96.iad> <t4ndjk$sn3$1@dont-email.me>
<n8HbK.388178$f2a5.198381@fx48.iad> <t4nf25$51n$1@dont-email.me>
<HCHbK.487830$SeK9.17961@fx97.iad> <t4nho0$ks6$1@dont-email.me>
<G_ObK.690634$LN2.672813@fx13.iad> <t4olod$mce$1@dont-email.me>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 18:38:57 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Mon, 2 May 2022 22:38 UTC

On 5/2/22 9:19 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/2/2022 6:10 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> He is focusing on the dishonest dodge of the strawman error by making
>>> sure to ignore that in another quote Gödel said that Gödel's G is
>>> sufficiently equivalent to the Liar Paradox on the basis that the
>>> Liar Paradox is an epistemological antinomy, whereas the quote he
>>> keeps switching back to is less clear on this point.
>>>
>>> Since I focused on correcting his mistake several times it finally
>>> got down to the point where it was clear that he was a lying bastard.
>>>
>>> I am utterly immune to gas lighting.

>>> He continued to refer to the other quote of Gödel that is much more
>>> vague on the equivalence between Gödel's G as his basis that
>>> equivalence cannot be be determined even when I kept focusing him
>>> back on the quote that does assert sufficient equivalence exists. I
>>> did this six times.
>>>
>>> At this point my assessment that he was a lying bastard was
>>> sufficiently validated.
>>>
>>> Are you a lying bastard too, or will you acknowledge that my
>>> assessment is correct?
>>>

>> I will acknowledge that you have proven yourself to be the lying bastard.
>>
>> YOU have REPEADTEDLY trimmed out important parts of the conversation
>> either to INTENTIONALLY be deceptive, or because you are so
>> incompetent at this material that you don't know what is important.
>>

> I trim so that we can stay focused on the point at hand and not diverge
> into many unrelated points. The main way that all of the rebuttals of my
> work are formed is changing the subject to another different subject and
> the rebutting this different subject. I cut all that bullshit out.

TRANSLATION: I trim out what will prove me wrong because I don't have
time to think up other excuses.

You are just admitting failure, if not to yourself, to anyone with a
real brain.

>> You see words which are not there and don't see the words that are there.
>>
>> Godel talks of a way to use the form of any epistemological antinomy
>> to build a similar argument to his G.
>>
>> I think one thing that maybe you don't understand about G and the Liar
>> Paradox is that this G IS built on the Liar Paradox
>
> That is well put. G takes the exact same idea as the liar paradox and
> then implements this liar paradox with 100,000-fold of additional purely
> extraneous complexity.

Nope, NOT extraneous, just apparently beyound your leve of comptehension.

>> so I think part of your issue is that you are trying to argue about
>> the possibility to make a different G but from the Liar's Paradox,
>> when this one was. The fact you don't see that G, as is, as being
>> based on the Liar's Paradox, means you don't understand the way it is
>> actually formed on the Liar's paradox.
>>

> I have seen this all along since my research began in 2004.

Nope, it is clear you don't understand it from your statements.

I have yet to see any statement from you showing any level of
understnading about the actual behavior of Turing Machines, or about the
actual structure of the Godel incompleteness proof. All I have seen are
ignorant non-sensical cut-and-paste quoting of material with no actually
understanding.

You gave up before showing even a typical first Turing Machine from a
basic course on Computation Theory, apparently because you just don't
understand the material. IT can't be the time involved, as for someone
with an actual understanding of Turing Machines, it is at most a 30
minute exercise, maybe even just a few minutes (depending on how fast
you can actually type).

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Is this correct Prolog?

By: olcott on Sat, 30 Apr 2022