Subject: Re: Olcott's H(P,P)==0 is correct !!!
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
References: <20220608014257.00002044@reddwarf.jmc> <d9067837-9a49-4419-8690-98b98b3f18d0n@googlegroups.com> <1MCdnacNsbV2WD3_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com> <ZoaoK.3047$sW.1185@fx37.iad> <Po2dnZsEjJqxqjz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com> <20220609010414.00002492@reddwarf.jmc> <Io6dnSjBoNTipzz_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com> <20220609011301.000020ad@reddwarf.jmc> <u5ednet6OtqaoTz_nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 20:46:10 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 00:46 UTC

On 6/8/22 8:17 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/8/2022 7:13 PM, Mr Flibble wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Jun 2022 19:10:39 -0500
>> olcott <NoOne@NoWhere.com> wrote:

>>> So the concept of a simulating halt decider is beyond your
>>> intellectual capacity?
>> It isn't a halt decider if it gets the answer to the question of
>> whether or not P halts wrong.  Your H gets the answer wrong if P halts
>> so it isn't a halt decider.
>>
>> /Flibble
>>

> (1) Deciders(computer science) compute the mapping from their inputs to
> an accept or reject state.
>
> (2) The actual behavior of the actual input to H(P,P) is proven to never
> halt.

ONLY if H(P,P) never returns 0.

> (3) P(P) is not an input to H, thus out-of-scope for H.

WRONG. Shows you don't understand deciders.

The input to H is the desciption of P(P), (or H just isn't a Halt
Decider), and the JOB of H is thus to determine if the computation that
input represents will halt or not.

> The actual behavior of the correctly simulated input to H(P,P) is not
> the same as the actual behavior of P(P) because the specified sequence
> of instructions is not the same.

WRONG, by the definition of "Correct Simulation" and the definition of a
Halt Decider, the "Correct Simulation" of the input to a Halt Decider is
in fact the behavior of the computation the input represents.

WHAT is the first instruction that the sequence of instructions diverge?

> Because halt deciders must report on the actual behavior of their actual
> inputs H(P,P)==0 is correct even though P(P) halts.

WRONG, BY DEFINITION.

> int sum(int x, int y)
> {
>   return x + y;
> }
>
> Expecting H(P,P) to report on the behavior of an entirely different
> sequence of instructions than its input actually specifies is exactly
> the same as expecting sum(3,4) to return the sum of 5 + 7, quite nuts.

Nope, shows your stupidity, since the DEFINITION of the behavior of the
input for a Halt Decider is the behavior of the computation the input
represents.

Your claim is like saying that cats bark because you dog, you call cat,
barks.

The fact you use wrong definitions doesn't mean you get to change that
actual meaning of the words in the Theorems.

Just shows you are a patholgical liar or a total idiot.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Olcott's H(P,P)==0 is correct

By: olcott on Wed, 8 Jun 2022

16olcott